Why Real Friends (#BestInfluence) are More Important than 'Favorite Performers' (#LesserInfluence) | @YouTube

I'll explain below the subscribe-bar, but first ...

What I show here is 'the group of words' that couch "that word" (below hyperlinked to 'videos about people who #influence many minds') into your vocabulary ... deeper meanings that 'firm the foundations' upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Influence” is built on ancient words that mean "to |Flow (Fluent) In (Upon)" (at-first referring to the Power that Astrology Holds in the Lives of Us Mortals ... the reason why we call Celebrities "Stars"). 
#Influent #Influential #Influenza #Influx #Influencers #Influences #Uninfluenced #Influenced #Influencing

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


I'd always heard that 'Being Friends with- and Hanging Around-Good, Responsible People' is a good way to become a good, responsible person, and I thought I "got that taken-care-of" by watching lots of stand-up comedians and watching a lot of 'inspirational' TV (not necessarily 'motivational speaker'-material or 'Gospel preaching'-programs ... more like 'adventure-shows where honor defeats shame' or 'sitcoms where people learn to live in peace').
Christina 'Wednesday Adams' Ricci ... click here to see her now (30 years later)

But no; maybe those performers 'encourage people to do what's right or -what's wrong,' but--and I know I'm telling you 'something parents should tell young children'--THOSE PERFORMERS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS! THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOU!

The main way they are NOT as influential as friends In-Real-Life: They won't 'spend less time with you if you start acting wrong' or 'spend more time with you if you change your ways to be more like them.'

Oh, most of them (the stand-up comedians, news comedians and/or reporters, politicians, etc.) tell you 'the truth'; but ... not exactly ...

Like ... take Stephen Colbert---one of my biggest influences. I'm sure he's a great guy (just like he's sure I'm a great guy ... i.e. we've never met, but we can assume that neither of us is "bad").

He does a fine job 'discussing recent events' (and yes, I'm one of those who get their news from comedians---maybe THE DAILY SHOW was where I started following comedy news in-earnest, but I have enjoyed it since SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE's "WEEKEND UPDATE," Candace Bergen's Murphy Brown & Johnny Carson's Tonight Show),

but--if I told him what I thought he was doing wrong, and threatened to stop watching his show if he didn't fix it--he a) probably wouldn't even acknowledge the criticism (taking it--if he saw it at all--as 'just another heckler (like comedians commonly have to deal-with)) & b) wouldn't change 'what he's doing' (especially since doing it 'that way' has earned him untold millions of dollars!)

I wish I could describe how my IRL friends influence me so much better than the performers, but I ... it would be "fictional"---not 'untrue,' I just don't have 'those kinds of friends' due to a few things that make it difficult---

mostly the long-distance between my home & the communities I might be part of.

Besides, right now I'm listing 'the influencers whose community you will NEVER be a part of' (probably never)
  • Comedians, Anchormen, Musicians, Actors, Writers, Showmen, Preachers, Producers, Characters (and their Archetype: probably the Rebel/Scofflaw)
    • I was going to list all their names & link to mini-bios. of each of them, but it got too crowded here. Maybe I'll eventually list them & link to them from a page for each of the 'influencer-types,' 

Comments