What Do #BVOVministries @CopelandNetwork Mean when they say #JESUSisLord? | @Bing

I'm sure they "know" what they mean (just like you do)--something like 'He has conquered Sin, so bowing to Him as "Lord over us" immigrates our souls from the Kingdom-of-Sin to the Kingdom-of-God'--but the statement means more than you- or I- or even BVOV Ministries' leaders themselves-know of right now;

I search out the meanings ...

Enter your email address (to be alerted on the next study-posts here):


Delivered by FeedBurner

I start by 'looking for what they say they mean' and I find several possible answers.


The one I think is most-likely is found on their blog, where they explain that "Jesus is LORD" has been a motto of theirs since Kenneth read in 1 Corinthians 12:3:
No man can say that Jesus is The Lord (the Greek there can also mean "Master, Sir, person with Absolute Ownership Rights"), but by the Holy Ghost.
And it strengthens their 'spreading The Word from the top of the world to the bottom & all the way around the middle'-mission when they read Philippians 2:10-11:
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (same optional meanings as above), to the glory of God the Father.

But what do they mean by that?

It might also be explained in this FREE Faith-Study (to which the above-hyperlinked web-search also directed me).

But I want to remove it from the context of "most churchgoers' understanding" (the understanding I stated at the top: 'Christians are pardoned from the death-sentence of sin because we call Jesus "The Lord"') for a second.

"Lord" comes from ancient words that mean 'Bread-Guardian'---so the idea might be that 'our bread is safe because it is guarded by "Jesus."' (And 'Jesus'--tho it has probably taken on the meaning "Savior by Self-Sacrifice" now (which is what people mean when they say "in the Name of Jesus" ... 'by the reputation of the Self-Sacrificing Savior)--comes from ancient words that mean "Yahweh Saves.")

So maybe 'saying "Jesus Is Lord"' assures all hearers (including ourselves) that 'our bread is paid-for & protected from others until we're ready to consume it.'

I'm also reminded that an Old Testament Jewish name for Yahweh--Elohim--is often translated "the Lord." And that might be a title they gave Yahweh because they credited him for giving them manna.

And I remember--when I wonder 'when did Christians ever take the title that belonged to Yahweh & give it to Jesus--things Jesus said in John 8:19 & 14:7:

"If you knew me, you would know my Father also."

"If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well."

That redefines their Prosperity Theology a little ... while they are the real owners of all their stuff 'according to The World' (i.e. 'the name signed on the deed' for each of their multi-million-dollar mansions or their hundreds-of-thousands-dollars private jets is not "Jesus"---I don't think); He does have 'absolute ownership rights,' and the property is only lent to them (possibly with the understanding that they're only used to support The Gospel Mission).

Comments