If I've Only Got One Brain, Why Write about Different #Subjects in Separate Places (Different Book-Styles, Magazines, Newspapers, Blogs, Scripts, etc.)? | @LifeHackOrg

Listing a few of the 'places the writer's works appear,' my question is probably "asked-&-answered"—because his audience is full of people that 'only have one brain' and don't want to be surprised by going into a subject that might be unfamiliar & uninteresting.

But ... I'll get into a little of 'my misunderstanding' in a second. First; 'That word' (below-hyperlinked to a discussion about 'separate places for separate topics' ... eventually) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Subjects” (in this sense, probably short for #SubjectMatter—literally meaning "that which Lies Beneath") is built on ancient words that mean "to |Throw- or Impel |Under (see Sub-)." 
#Subject #Subjected #Subjecting

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


I write 'a few' blogs & things online (this one, plus two others on Blogger, plus a few discussions on myLot & Facebook & Yahoo!, plus some "false starts" on Wordpress and other 'write on the web'-sites (Yuwie, Xomba, Associated Content ... some others far back enough I can barely remember ...  MySpace? Friendster? Geocities?))

This blog is 'my main one,' and I just did an entry (on Sapphire) that I felt would also be a good entry for one of my other Blogger blogs (the one about The Bible, since 'Sapphire' is (apparently) one of the materials that make a gate of the holy city in Heaven).

And just yesterday, I wrote a post where I listed all the American Presidents. Maybe I should've linked those names to their own little entries on my other Blogger-blog, the one I wrote for 'Obituaries.' But no, I linked those names to 'entries about each name (if I'd already written it).'

I think that leads me to "why I write separate blogs (even tho I still have the same brain)—I'm 'attacking the subjects from different angles':
  • here, I'm seeing 'how all these words fit together in my brain'
  • at The Obitu-stery, I'm seeing 'how people's lives affect the world they have-left or will-leave behind'
  • at Triple-Infinity, I'm ... essentially I'm 'reviewing recent Bible-studies (especially from Kenneth Copeland Ministries' Partner-Letters, also from Shepherd's Chapel 'Family Bible-Study Hour' and Alan Horvath 'Word-Studies' and other big-name `odd-casters) as I prepare to funnel the teaching Here (to my brain)'
  • WordPress - I don't even know what I'm doing there.
  • at 'my various attempts at "social interaction"':
    • Twitter (to which I'm (hopefully) 'casting' this blog, thanks to Feedburner and the hyper-connective aspect of the Internet)
    • Facebook - an illustration of 'The Masks We Wear'
    • MyLot - which I thought was gonna be more intellectual (which I guess Quora is), but which is more like ... I don't know; I do learn a lot of interesting things there, but not before I comb through a TON of chitchat!
    • YouTube - I never had video-equipment ... I managed to piece together some basic-basic-basic animation over some audio of me reading Bible-verses, but I only had ten or twenty visitors there before I screwed up big (hacking-in some xxx-video from somewhere else online) which got me kicked off of YouTube for ten years or so; and now people are AFRAID to give me video-equipment ...


But the usual reason for 'different locations for different topics' is not so much "for the writer" as it is "for the audience."

An audience member usually wants to watch 'something funny' or 'something exciting' or 'something inspiring' (and they're not usually interested in 'what's on Steven Colbert's mind' or 'what Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing' or 'which holiday Dr. Jill Biden thinks is most-heartening').

And publishers & broadcasters etc. want to provide 'what the audiences are looking-for' (and aren't very concerned about 'whether the artists feel like expressing themselves in that particular genre'—if people are paying for comedy, the publishers need the artists to deliver 'the funny' no-matter HOW serious the times are!)

Comments