Know that You're Here 'Because We #Need You Here,' Not 'Because You "Deserve to Be"' @CW_TheFlash @PrayerDotOrg @RobertJeffress


The word “Need” is built on ancient words that mean “|Violence, Force, |Death, to be Exhausted” (Corpse, Famine, Shortage, Misery, Distress, |Torture, Kill, Lack of something Necessary or -Important). 
#Needed #Needing #Needful #Needfully #Needy #Needs

This was brought to mind when--in an episode of CW's THE FLASH (series hyperlinked through 'need' above)--Cisco Ramon announced ...
... that he was leaving S.T.A.R. Labs because--as shown when he revealed The Flash's secret identity in order to save his brother from Leonard Snart--he knew he couldn't be trusted (not the way Jesus Christ demanded of His disciples---forsaking family for the mission of Team Flash).

In his announcement, Cisco tells the rest of Team Flash, "I don't deserve to be here." That's when I imagined I (if I were Dr. Wells) would respond, 'You're not here because you deserve to be here, you're here because we need you here.'

That brings up something I'd like to hear about me; and I know it's probably one of those 'things I have to know about myself whether-or-not anybody else knows it,' but it's not something I can say without sounding "full of myself."

That's probably one of the main reasons for marriage--the reason-why "it is not good for the person to be alone"--because a person often will not 'do their job' unless someone else needs them to.

That leads us to thoughts about Our Heavenly Father (whom many of us call God)---
He practically doesn't exist unless we need Him.

Maybe that's why he got so 'wrathful' when the Exodus "Israelis" (I wanted to say "Israelites," but Google Chrome's spellcheck doesn't recognize that as 'the plural of "Israelite"') started to worship other gods---if the other gods will provide all our needs, chances-are we'll let Our Heavenly Father fade into The Void!
But I'm talking about "reality" here. (Not to say "Our Heavenly Father is-or-isn't real," just that 'what we believe' doesn't matter as much as 'what we actually do'---I'm breathing air, whether I believe it's clean air or -dirty air or -evaporated water or -etc.)

The reality: 'we' (others more than I-myself, probably) need you here ... reminds me of something that Dr. Robert Jeffress said---something like "the reason we don't 'die and go to Heaven' the moment we're baptized is because we are here to be Salt (to postpone decay by penetrating-&-permeating the meat of the world) & Light (The City on the Hill) of the Gospel for The World (which Our Heavenly Father loves more than his own legacy)."

But that's ... that's 'a tangent.' The original topic is that we are needed HERE ... that our participation here is a part of the machine; without our fulfillment of the function we serve, others would not be able to fulfill their functions (just like we are unable to fulfill our functions without others fulfilling theirs first).

Future leaders cannot perform their tasks properly without a past- or present-leader setting down a path (The Way) for them to pattern-after as they seek success. That's why Lord Jesus Christ sent out the Apostles only-after they'd proven themselves as Disciples (proving they had the Discipline to show The Way as Jesus had.
(... I know you might say "But Jesus is The Way!" And I agree---kind-of. Jesus
 was The Way, and that action 'makes it possible for us to fulfill our purposes
 today.' Fulfilling your purpose, you are The Way for many others to fulfill their
 purposes.)

Comments