Wonder Why They Call It #OccupationalTherapy (and not 'Busywork' or something)

In early recovery from my Traumatic Brain Injury, #Occupational Therapy (OT) was where I'd spend about an hour a day (before-or-after Physical Therapy (PT), Speech Therapy (SLT), and various other Therapies (Music-, Psycho-, etc.)).

Some 'reminiscing' made me think of one possible reason they call it 'Occupational Therapy. I discuss that theory at the forum linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Occupational” is rooted in ancient words that mean “Taking |Possession of; the Business- or Employment in which one Engages; Over (i.e. |Ob-) + to Grasp, Seize” (to take-up Space or Time—'keep them occupied'). #Occupation #Occupy #Occupies #Occupations #Occupying #Occupied 

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner




Comments