#DissenGreement between @AnnetteCapps_' Dad @CharlesCapps1 & Me

Watching, 
|that word| seems important; so I found out a little more about it and share my findings with you below (and I link to the topic that brought the word up, and might discuss it beneath (and/or you might start a discussion in the comments)).

The word |DissenGrement| is a portmanteaux of Dissent & Agreement.
on which also-built (Yoda-ese? a little) #DissenGree
 #DissenGreeing #DissenGrees #DissenGreed (I guess)

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

The |link| above opens a YouTube-search, looking for the lecture that Capps Ministries broadcast the other day---a lecture expounding on the Scripture "Faith is the Substance of Things Hoped-for, the Evidence of Things Not Seen."

And Charles' observations make sense, so I 'agree'; but they're not quite 'what I believe,' so I dissent (a little).

Starting with his "Man is a spirit-being, he lives in the body and he has a soul," where he proposes that 'the soul' is a man's will, mind & emotions. My belief on this differs slightly, as I first "learned" of the soul from the KJV passage that said God formed man from clay, breathed the spirit-of-life into it, and "Man became a living soul."

I sorta 'fixated' on that (since people are always referring to 'their spirits' and 'their souls' as the same thing). So I would counter Charles' proposal with 'Man is a spirit-being, sure; but he is also the clay-body, and is also the soul!' The spirit & soul ... 

well, the spirit is literally "breath" (paraphrasing a famous song, 'God is the air we breathe!' ... oh, I'm sure he's holy fire & -water & -materials etc. too; but breath is a necessary ingredient in The Quickening, no?)

And the soul is more like 'other people's perception of us & the things we do.' When we talk about souls going to Heaven or Hell, it's not 'the actual person in either place' so much as it's 'our image of the person sent to that place so we know where to find them.

That gets into another dissengreement---most Christians imagine that Heaven & Hell are 'places to which one's soul is tele-transported when one dies.' I hold to the Buddhist philosophy that Heaven & Hell (& 8 other "worlds") are 'ways that one perceives reality DURING ONE'S LIFE' (it's just that--when one dies--one doesn't have to worry about "worldly" things like 'traveling-time & -distance between two happy events' ... 

when my mother is laid to rest--for example--she can return to her graduations (from high school & college), her wedding, my-, my sister's-, my brother's- & my nieces'-birthdays, their/our graduations, -weddings, etc.-etc. without any arduous wait or hard struggles in between.

... But that's totally tangential to the lecture. I want to get to where Charles is talking about 'dots'. I think he said that all images are made of dots (pixels on your computer or TV, dot-matrix on printed picture).

He mentions that--when you use a copy machine--you don't have to proofread it. He says this to say that--if we study The Bible enough so that we KNOW all its lessons "on the inside of us"--we don't have to think about 'how we should do His will.'

But ... The Bible (any Bible) is 'God's Word' only a little more than these blog-posts are 'God's Word!' The writing is always humans' understanding of 'what God must be saying.'

Hmm ... no 'dots' in the video above; maybe it's in Part 2 ... He talks about how the power-of-faith is like the dots in a newspaper's or magazine's pictures; how you can rearrange the same amount of dots to get a picture of a train-wreck or a picture of a happy family-picnic ... "God's Word has the dots pre-arranged (the right way)"; so if you arrange your faith in The Bible's pattern, it'll help you and not harm you!

He says, "If you look at God's Word and decide to believe differently than it says, you're tampering with God's dots!" I'm sure you know there are many places where 'following God's Dots' would get us in more trouble---and places where some of God's Dots clash with others of God's Dots.

For instance: the 'God's Dots' that say that "Satan is the god of this world." That makes the rest of The Bible sharply suspect!

But--interpreting what Charles is saying about "not rearranging God's Dots"--I see an echo of his thermostat teaching (when you set your thermostat, you don't set it for "how cold or warm it is right now" (that would be 'rearranging God's Dots'); you set it for "the temperature your room ought to be" (God's Dots say "Seek the Kingdom of God," not 'make sure you worry about everything that might go against you!'))

My New Mantra (one of several)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments