So What Was Conway, New Hampshire's Problem with the Bakery #Mural, @USATODAY? @Hyperallergic explains

The USA TODAY video (linked through the bold text below) features lots of the townspeople saying 'it was good art, and totally inoffensive ..." but---there was an ordinance? Did the students paint it there "without the consent of the bakery-owners"? I'll try & find out, but first ...

The word “Mural” (short for Mural Painting) is built on ancient words that mean "to Fix, Build |Fences or Fortifications (Wall, Boundary, Border, |Landmark, to Protect)."
 #Intermural #Murals #Intramural

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

Art-commentary Hyperallergic explains that--since the mural depicts 'goods sold within the shop--it had to be taken down because of an anti-advertising ordinance from the city. (Read the article to see how the mural got there and what the people are doing to overrule City Hall.)
the high-school students' mural (assorted pastries under a sunrise) sits atop Leavitt Bakery

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments