@realDLHughley & @JohnLeguizamo (& other guest-hosts of @TheDailyShow): Why is #BlackPride or #TanPride so 'Honorable,' but--if I hosted & said "How Proud I Am to Be White"-- ...

... I might as well be wearing a trucker's cap (or a pointy white hood), with "Dueling Banjos" playing in the background! (or whatever other #preconceived "Jim Crow"-racist redneck notions there are about #WhitePride)?

In truth--while there ARE some traditions I'm glad I 'know about' (mostly foods ... German chocolate, bratwurst, black eyed peas maybe?)--I'm not "proud" of them ... sure, they're honor-worthy things; but they're not me!

So; where do these people get off with taking "the struggle of similarly hued people" as their own? Why do both 'their #PreconceivedNotions of Whites' AND 'Whites #PreconceivedNotions of them' wind up with Whites as the snobby bad-guys?

The word “Preconceived” is (of course) Pre- (Before) + Conceive.
#Preconceive #Preconceives #Preconceiving #Preconceit


Emily Barron explains ... mostly ... basically saying that 'NEITHER WE (WHITES) NOR THE "PROUD MINORITIES" have any excuse to lift our skin-colors above those of any other of our brother- and sister-Americans!'

My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments