@ShepherdsChapel might be #Misguided (& thereby #Misguiding You into ... where all the atheists are going :-P )

Yes, Shepherd's Chapel usually guides us right (chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse) in a vlog you can get to through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first–after a mention of the free mining-software (giving us free Bitcoin in exchange for energy we're wasting anyway)–I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Misguided” is built of the prefix Mis- & the word Guide ...
#Misguide #Misguidance

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



... but I really want to get into this!

I was watching one of the more-recent 'episodes' (this link goes to 'the videos on his vlog,' but I was watching 'a television-broadcast' ... he called them 'lectures') on Matthew 24--where Lord Jesus Christ Himself answered His Disciples' questions about 'the end-times (i.e. the times mentioned in Daniel, Ezekiel, Revelation & Isaiah, and -times probably hinted-at throughout the Scriptures).'

And I was 'caught off guard' by Pastor's description of 'what Jesus was saying' ("chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse" is basically 'reading each verse aloud, and then speaking "your interpretation of it" before you go on to read the next verse,' which is why I have him re-reading the same book-of-The-Bible 2-or-3 times in the bold-linked video-collection).

What 'caught me off guard' was Pastor's explaining that--when Jesus warned us of 'people instructing us to go against His teachings'--"Jesus was talking about teachings that go against 'anything taught in The Bible.'"

And something 'rose up' in me: "Nope! No ..." See, the Murrays (I think I've only got Arnold in the linked videos, but I also see his son Dennis on the broadcasts) frequently reaffirm that The Bible is "God's letter to you." 

But ... well, I think I go into a bit of explanation as to 'what The Bible actually is'; but what struck me about 'Pastor's claim that Jesus was talking about The Bible there' is that The Bible hadn't been written yet!

(Oh, I'm sure YHWH's Word is eternal (not limited by time & space); but 'the inside cover of every Bible I've ever seen' has "a publication date.")

When His Disciples asked which signs to look-for to know that End-Times were imminent, Jesus told them quite a few things (I've heard He happened to give them 'the 7 trumps, 7 seals & 7 scrolls' right there; but I haven't 'counted' those yet🕵🏽‍♂️). 'What caught my ear' was 24:24: "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect (if that were possible)."

(A false Christ is both/either one to whom they send you--saying (verse 23), "'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There He is!'"--and/or one who (verse 5) comes in Jesus' name, claiming "I am the Christ," and deceiving many.)

While I was finding that, I went past His "Lament over Jerusalem." And I saw Him saying, "Look, your house is left to you desolate." (a connection to "The Abomination of Desolation standing in the Holy Place?" We'll see ... Jesus actually brings up the A.-of-D., in His discussion with The Disciples.)

And so it goes.
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments