I Call This "America's #Ensign," & I Bet You INSTANTLY think of #WesleyCrusher (such a hold @WilW has on the nation's mind) | @ssFlags

I link to this flag-description from a post you can get to through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first–after a mention of the free mining-software (giving us free Bitcoin in exchange for energy we're wasting anyway)–I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Ensign” is built on ancient words that mean "Mark, Symbol, |Signal, Flag, Standard, |Pennant" (the 'Lowest-Ranking Officer' is called that because `e is the Soldier who Carries the Flag).
#Ensigns

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Star Spangled Flags reviews 'Old Glory's design & symbolism
Star Spangled Flags reviews 'Old Glory's design & symbolism

America's 'Ensign'--a.k.a. The Stars-&-Stripes, The Star-Spangled Banner, The Red, White and Blue--is a background of red stripes on a white background (or is it white stripes on a red background?)--each stripe representing one of the 13 British colonies that originally gained Independence to become America--with a blue square in the upper-'left hand' corner (the upper corner closest to the flag-pole, as the flag is mirrored on both sides), carrying 50 stars (originally fewer stars---as they are each said to represent 'one of the States in the nation' ... although America's legislative House of Representatives has described those stars serve as "symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun.")

The colors were chosen because a) the Red symbolizes early Americans strength & valor in the snow-White purity & innocence of the nation's infancy, and b) the Blue symbolizes our Vigilance, Perseverance & Justice in maintaining our nation's peace from then to forever.

My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments