OK @CARTAinc, why should one "Stop managing your #CapTable in a spreadsheet"? (what is that, and why should one care) ... @investopedia catches us up | @Kiplinger

The ad said
"Join over 21K companies in managing a better cap table. carta - Learn
 more.
"

I didn't even know what a 'cap table' is, so I figured I would 'Learn' what it was if I clicked the button.

Carta's page (linked through 'the bold link(s)' below) didn't tell me right away; I'll report my searching below the subscribe-bar, but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

A Cap Table is ... something involving Equity Capitalization.

Investopedia defines it ... well, I'm not 'hip to the lingo'-enough to discern it as quickly as "rank on the pop-charts" or "scores on the basketball-court"; but I think the the stock-exchange definition of #Equities is "the Ordinary Shares of a Limited Company (LLC?)"

There's a lot more to Investopedia's explanation, so I'll 'blindly' guess at a possible summary-definition (i.e. this is gonna be 'good enough for me,' but do some extra research before you spend any money on it): it's a record that shows the Value of each "Common" Share of your Company.

(NOTE: while the words linked above and below are 'etymologically related' to the investing terms, the word-histories probably have very little influence on the way the word is used for money---i.e. 'Capitalization' in investing might not affect 'whether its letters are upper- or lower-case' 😜)

#Bold is the meaning of a word in the foundation beneath the word Value. The word “Bold” is built on ancient words that mean "to Blow, Swell."
#Boldly #Boldness #BoldFace #Embolden #Emboldened

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


I went to investopedia to find out that it's "a spreadsheet that shows the equity capitalization for a company ... most commonly utilized for startups and early-stage businesses ... an intricate breakdown of a company's shareholders' equity."
Kiplinger, with 'Signs that Mark Immature Investors'


The main feature that carta is selling seems-to-be 'automatic cap table-updates (when you issue electronic securities, raise a round, or get a 409A valuation ... whatever those three things are).'

Comments