@Mental_Floss and the 20 "Old Favorite" Songs that (they say) are Now Most-"Beset with #Odium" (they're 'Annoying,' that is)

MENTAL FLOSS lists the 20 (which I'll share below the Subscribe-bar) & explains their terribleness in a report you can access through 'the bold word(s)' below; but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Odium (a meaning in the foundation beneath the word "Annoy" - #Odious #OdiumTheologicum #Odiousness #Odiously)” is built on ancient words that mean Hatred (also beneath words that mean "to be Angry or Grieved, |Grumble, Evil, |Dire, Horrid, Loathsomely, |Detestation

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



I'm not sure if 'the order they're in' matters, so here they are:
  • "We Built This City" - Starship
  • "My Humps" - The Black Eyed Peas
  • "We Are the World" - USA for Africa
  • "Macarena" - Los Del Rio
  • "One Week" ("Two days til I say I'm sorry") - Barenaked Ladies
  • "Who Let the Dogs Out" - Baha Men
  • "Don't Worry, Be Happy" - Bobby McFerrin
  • "My Heart will Go On" - Celine Dion
  • "Photograph" ("It's time to say It's time to say It's") - Nickelback
  • "Take My Breath Away" - Berlin
  • "Mambo No. 5" ("A Little Bit of Monica in My Life, A Little Bit of ...") - Lou Bega
  • "Disco Duck" - Rick Dees (I'm not sure if I've heard this one ... before it was shared in that article)
  • "You're Beautiful" - James Blunt
  • "The Joker" - Steve Miller Band
  • "Wannabe" - Spice Girls
  • "PPAP" (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen) - Piko-Taro
  • "The Thong Song" - Sisqo
  • "Rock the Boat" - The Hues Corporation
  • "Believe" - Cher
  • "Party All the Time" - Eddie Murphy
... and they don't exactly 'explain what's wrong with each song' (unless you count 'their reason not to listen to any of the songs they list-and-(possibly)-share')

Comments