#StrongsG2222 #zóé (or #ZOE): Not just Life, but #YAHlife (a.k.a. #GodLife) or #LifeEternal! | @BibleHub_ - ζωή - ῆς - ἡ - ζωήν

I hope this is my first STRONG'S CONCORDANCE-post, because I'm pretty sure this is 'the most important word in The Bible'---so-sure that I kept thinking for the longest time that it meant "LOVE." (Or maybe that's just the impression I got from Brother Kenneth Copeland's focus on 'ZOE' in the letter from Brother Kenneth (copied beneath the subscribe-bar.)

Your opportunity to get a monthly letter from Brother Kenneth (showing you how he and the rest of the ministry's supporters (including you) are readying the Earth for the coming of The Kingdom of Our Heavenly Father) is linked through 'that word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word zóé (and its alternate forms) is almost always translated "Life," but the context usually indicates 'the Very Substance of Life Itself, the Lifeforce.'

I searched 'ζωή' on Bing Images, and this was one of the top results ...

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


The partner-letter that got me started
December 2013

Dear Partner,

Let's begin today by looking at a statement made by the Apostle Paul to his spiritual son, Timothy, in 1 Timothy 6:12:
12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses
Notice the command, "Fight the good fight of faith." What's the fight about? The next line reveals it: "Lay hold on eternal life." The Greek text says "Lay hold on ZOE," the LIFE of God. So, the fight is to lay hold of the life that Jesus came to give us.

John 10:10 says:
10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have ZOE, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Let's go, now, to Luke 8:41-42, and look at this fight for life firsthand.
41And, behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus feet, and besought hem that he would come into his house:
42For he had one only daughter, about twelve years of age, and she lay a dying. But as he went the people thronged him.
What was Jairus after? ZOE! The life of God in Jesus.

Now look at verses 43-46:
43And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,
44Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.
45And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
46And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
What was the woman after? ZOE! The life of God in Jesus.

All this time, Jairus is standing by, WAITING for Jesus to continue with him to his dying daughter. The woman's faith stopped Him. What do you think is going on in Jairus?

Let's look and see in verses 49-50:
49While he yet spake, there cometh one from the ruler of the synagogue's house, saying to him, Thy daughter is dead; trouble not the Master.
50But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
FAITH HAS AN ENEMY: FEAR! The fight is over LIFE, and the enemy is fear!

Faith and fear are both spiritual forces. One force is faith in God. The other is faith in death. The fear of death is THE fear. All other forms of fear stem from THE fear---of death. Fear connects with death and holds to it, drawing from the spirit of death, which is the devil. Faith connects to life and holds to it, drawing from the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, according to Romans 8:2:
2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
GLORY TO GOD! Did you see that? Shout "AMEN!" That's what Jesus meant when He said, "STOP THE FEAR! BELIEVE ONLY!" Stop the law of sin and death, and activatee the law of the Spirit of life! How do you do that? That's where the fight starts. Don't argue! Do it! Say, "Yes Sir! I REFUSE TO FEAR! I HAVE FAITH IN GOD!"

All doubt is fear-based and fear-dependent. Without fear, doubt can't function, and since "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the WORD of God," let's put our eyes on Hebrews 2:14-15:
14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy [PARALYZE] him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Then go to 1 Corinthians 15:55-57:
55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory [OVER DEATH] through our LORD Jesus Christ.
Now, look at 1 John 4:16-18:
16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
The key line in all this marvelous revelation of victory is in verse 16: "We have known and BELIEVED THE LOVE that God hath to us." I know Him. He's my LORD and Savior. I also know and believe He loves me. God loves me as much as He does Jesus! Jesus said so in John 17:23. I believe that! He loves me. I have no fear; I am growing up in His love. I have life in me---HIS LIFE! The love of God has been shed-abroad in my heart. I put it in my mouth, and the Father who dwells in me---He does the work (John 14:10).

Now, take the words of Scripture I've written out here, and put them first in your eyes again, and meditate them into your heart. Then put them in your mouth and walk around the room, reading them out loud. The casting out, or flushing out, spoken-of in 1 John 4:18, will go into action.
Why should I fear anything? God--who is Love and Life--lives in me. He always causes me to triumph! He always gives me the victory!
... And this whole ministry is here for you.

Love,


Comments