#NichirenBuddhism: True Discipleship | @SGi_info @Daisakuikeda_of @GuruChoaKokSui

What I show here is 'the group of words' that couch "that word" (below hyperlinked to a library of essential texts of Nichiren Buddhism) into your vocabulary ... deeper meanings that 'firm the foundations' upon which our lexicon stands ...

Nichiren Buddhism is a form of Buddhism founded by Buddhist-monk #Nichiren Daishonen. 
The name “Nichiren” is built on ancient words that mean Sun |Lotus.





On the forum, someone brought up 'Universalism'--not one that says 'all religions are the same,' but one that says 'God saves everybody (no matter what you believe)--but I was remembered when I was researching Nichiren Buddhism (after a friend took me to a few chanting-sessions connected with our local SGI-USA Center).

I'll admit that I did not know exactly 'why we were chanting' or 'if I had any reason to chant (being a since-before-I-was-born Roman Catholic Christian),' but I went and did it anyway. And of-course I learned more about (maybe it'll explain why we were chanting ...)

See, I read about this ancient prince who was rich and living a life of extreme comfort, but didn't understand why the peasants living right outside his castle had to suffer abject poverty. So he 'renounced his royal privilege' and went out and lived in the abject poverty.

Doing that ... sitting under the Bodhi Tree ... he became Enlightened! ... maybe something happened in-between there; let's see ...
(click the picture to read the whole story)

Comments