is @TomCruise #Renouncing @Scientology? @Quora-spondents might say

|That word| seems important; so I found out a little more about |that word| (below-linked to the Quora-post that brought |that word| to my attention) and share my findings with you below---maybe I'll add some notes beneath (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments).
The word |Renouncing| sits at the peak of the high tower above the proto-word #neu- "to Shout," which evolved through ancient words that mean "Messenger," and then added a prefix (see Re-) to mean "Report- or Announce Against."
just like #Renounce #Renounces #Renounced #Renouncement
 #Renunciation #Renunciations
The proto-word |*neu-|--which also forms all or part of Denounce, Enunciate, Pronounce--is a word theorized from the existence of other ancient words that mean "to Nod, Beckon, Make Known."

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

Rolling Stone (July 15, 2023) reports "there's no evidence that Cruise has recently drifted from, left, or intends to leave 'the Church.'" (I assume they mean 'Scientology')


Comments