This Blog's #Next Reformation (6/14/23) | @NextDoor

It's not reforming because there's anything 'wrong' with the way it is ... well, there kinda is. See, I started this blog with the idea that 'helping you to learn the "deepest root-words for the words we use today" would make it easier to understand what people were saying.'

I forgot that goal, when I got distracted by 'all the clever stuff I can write here and/or all the tricky ways people can share their money & power etc.' So distracted--got I--that I would forget to make sure I was getting down to 'the deepest root' of every word that came up.

(Maybe I was 'trusting that I'd get to all the words eventually,' but my blog lacks 'attraction' if I don't focus!)

You could say this reformation started when I did a post about the 'proto-words' (vocal traces that linguists find throughout ancient texts which imply ultimate words that carried ancient meanings) and I started trying to tie all the new 'word-studies' to words that I could put on my proto-word list.

... like #Next (below-hyperlinked to 'an invitation to join your neighborhood's NextDoor social-network') is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word |Next| is built on the proto-word *nekh- "Near+ *-istaz (Superlative).

on which are also built #TheNextMan #NextBest #Anext
 #NextDoor


To Keep Up on My 'Research,'



... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments