A Link to #Outyfit (a #WomensClothing brand possibly built on a misspelling of #Outfit) Reminds Me of My #Frustration with '21st-Century Marketing' | @Amazon

In an ad on my international forum, I find a link (shared below) to "Outyfit," which I click to see if maybe they have an affiliate-program (or an 'advertising ... initiative or something where I get paid if you buy something from them through a link I share here').

But I can't find such a program. And when I search for 'outyfit affiliate program,' I'm shown (after confirming that 'I don't mean "Outfit"') dozens & dozens of affiliate-programs ... 

ARGHHH!...

The word “Frustration” is built on ancient words that mean “Injury, |Harm” (Fraud). #Frustrate #Frustrated #Frustrating #Frustrates

I look for them on Twitter, and (after I again confirm I don't mean "Outfit") the results that come up are people talking about their new "outyfit" (which might be a popular typo, with "u," "t" and "y" being right next to each other on the 'QWERTY'-keyboard ...

(Or maybe 'outyfit' is some girly-girl slang I'll never know ... not even when I look it up, and (after I confirm that 'I don't mean "Outfit"') it just brings up a lot of entries for "Outfit" again!)


The word “Outfit” (originally referring to 'the Articles & |Equipment loaded (on a |Ship, Tank etc.) for an Expedition) is built out of “Out- & Fit." #Outfitted #Outfitter #Outfitting #Outfits

Then I think of looking it up on Amazon, where (after I confirm 'I don't mean "Outfit"') it displays ... a selection that indicates 'Outyfit' might be slang for "bustiers and braziers etc."


Then I'm reminded of another frustration ... this one with Amazon's Amazon Associates. I feel like I've been 'an Associate' with them for about 20 years (not really "selling" the products, but 'advertising them (as much as I might---on free websites and some social networks) with special code provided by Amazon').

But ... I guess I was unknowingly "hacking" Amazon Associates, because all-of-a-sudden they send me this email:
" Hello, "We are writing to notify you that your Associates Program application has been rejected and you will no longer have access to Associates Central. "This action was taken because we have not yet received qualified sales activities from your account. As a reminder, Accounts that have not referred three qualified sales within in 180-days of sign-up are automatically rejected. "You are free to reapply to the Associates Program at any time, but we recommend only doing so if your website receives consistent traffic. You can access the application here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/network/main.html "We wish you the best of luck with your website in the future."
Granted; when I first started with them, they were 'all about "Forsaking profit to build publicity" (or whatever Bezos says their motto was).'

Comments