Being a 'Secret-Agent' #Volunteer (#Volunteering whether they want you to or not) #VolunteerWork @Walmart @Target @Kmart @BuyForLessOK #Voluntary #Volunteerism #Voluntarily #Volunteers

It's not 'something you sign-up for' (and not really something you can "put on your resumè" or anywhere else you'd put a list of 'former employment-positions'); it's more like 'just doing "a little extra" to make shopping more-convenient for fellow shoppers' (I was going to call it "clandestine" volunteering, but ... I'm not quite sure what that word means! ).

For instance: shopping at Walmart (or any of the other stores of the type I mention above), I'll often buy a bottle/carton of orange-juice; and I'll notice that the carton I need (along with many other cartons/bottles of juice) are sitting far-far-far back in the refrigerator. So–standing on my 'toes' (why do I want to say "tippy-toes"?)–I reach back there and slide 'as many of the cartons/bottles as I can reach' to the front.

I imagine I could (if I had the time to-spare) 'slide to within-shorter-reach' ALL the items in that aisle.



I also clip coupons (not 'incessantly'–like those people who spend hours-and-hours doing it–but more like 'a few minutes at a time, a few days-a-week' ... although the coupons are the only reason I subscribe to the merely-adequate journalism of The Oklahoman*).

But I still 'look for the best deal' while I'm shopping (which is why I'll never grocery-shop online ... it is good if your many responsibilities leave you with little-or-no time to enjoy your shopping, but it would rob me of the dopamine-rush of "finding a bargain" or "impulse-buying"), and sometimes I'll find a bargain that beats the coupon-discount. So I'll take the bargain-item and leave the coupon sitting on/near the item I was going to use it with—knowing that a future-shopper might see it there and take up the deal the coupon offers.


The word “Volunteer” carries the scent of “-of One's Free-Will; to Wish.”







*While I'm sure that The Oklahoman's employees are excellent journalists; The local Oklahoma Gazette frequently implies that The Oklahoman is one of many magazines owned by out-of-state executives

Oh, The Oklahoman is locally managed & -published etc.; but I'm a devoted Read Local-er😏 (I'm not 'an avid book-reader,' and I haven't read any newspaper besides The OKG lately—which calls itself "Fiercely Local & Independent").

Comments