As @AdobeFlash sinks into the sands, Gamers Start to #Dig into @WebGL @WebGL2D #DiggysAdventure @PixelFederation @DiggysVideoGame

I'm "a gamer at heart." But I like to focus on one game at a time (or I have to, since the closest thing I have to a 'gaming system' is this desktop-computer's Internet-connection ... as opposed to gamers you hear of who jump onto their networks-or-'what have you' and play whatever game is hot that day).

For the latest 'little while,' my game-of-choice has been Diggy's Adventure—I'm having trouble finding 'the story introduction' (something like 'you (Diggy) crash-landed somewhere where your father–also a Digger (archaeologist, treasure-hunter, whatever)–has left you clues to find 'treasures' (mostly artifacts of the gods-etc.) ...
Anyway, I've been playing it with Adobe Flash animation-software, but–since Adobe Flash will soon be unavailable–Diggy's is starting to implement WebGL programming.

It's 'slow going' for now, but that may just be because I'm stuck on a Window Vista OS (Windows gave Windows 7 & -XP users free upgrades to Windows 10, but Vista is apparently "disowned" from the upgrade-family ... so-far* (3/2/2019) anyway), having to use a browser it seems like no one (outside of the select few) has ever heard-of.

UPDATE: My brother got me a machine that uses Windows 10 (or maybe 11 by now), but I got much more interested in 'Klondike Expeditions'


The word “Dig” carries a scent similar to “|Dike, |Stick, Fix."


The way they put it:
Your ship wrecked somewhere on the coast of Egypt on route to Luxor, where you were about to meet Linda, your old friend. You and your companions Professor and robot Rusty will have to find her but that's just the beginning. Many things are not what they seem... The sands of Egypt keep many secrets and the old gods have decided to stir them up again. Soon you will be crawling through forgotten temples, cursed tombs and ancient treasuries; solving riddles and digging your way through the mysteries around you. All while upgrading your improvised base camp into a solid haven for your adventurous expeditions.
I guess if I search for "walkthrough," I'll see some videos that show how the game's story goes:

... hmm ... looks like - At first, Diggy was traveling to meet up with his father (of whom Linda is an assistant). You shipwreck on the shore, have to find the Professor's map & diary & dismantled robot, which (when re-assembled) tells you you have to find Linda ...

I don't quite remember the exact order of events here, but I'll try to recall/find-out how it goes ... basically, you find Linda who leads you to your father's other associates, who lead you on your father's trail as he's off to discover the secrets of ancient civilizations and the gods that led them (meaning that you're off to discover the same things!)

* I saw a video about 'why Microsoft will soon be making Windows 10 upgrades free for all,' but when I tried to find it again all I found was 'a bunch of videos of hackers telling you how to get Windows 10 for Free' 😉

Comments