#HappyBirthday to Y'All (in the #February19 #BirthdayCohort with @Jeff_Daniels & @BenicioSource-fave #BenicioDelToro & ALL the Celebrities @Bing lists) on #NationalChocolateMintDay! @Foodimentary | #Chocolate #Mint #NationalConfectionersAssociation @CandyUSA @HolidayInsights @HowStuffWorks @BirthdayMates @YourTango @MySundayMass

I'm not sure 'what it means' to have a "National Confectioners' Association"-declared holiday for Chocolate Mint (I'm not sure if it's for 'mint flavored chocolate' or the honest-to-goodness chocolate mint plant (a cultivar of peppermint))—I mean; does that mean you can't enjoy chocolate mint any other day of the year?

The research I could find on it ... doesn't know either (tho they found lots of other things that happened that day). I suppose I need to read more about food-holidays, but first ... I guess I'll focus a little on Chocolate Mint.

The word “Chocolate” is built on the same Foundation as “to make something Bitter or |Sour + |Hot."
The word “Mint” is either built on words that mean “Minthe, a Greek Nymph transformed into an Herb by the deity Prosperine” or built on words that mean "Monitor (as Moneta was a title of the |Roman goddess Juno, whose Temple housed- or neighbored a Money-Coining press).

The NCA explains a little bit about 'these candy- or other special food-holidays.' (I say 'a little bit' not because the NCA is withholding information, but because there's not much reason for such declaration—I mean, sometimes it's an important anniversary for one food or another; but usually it's like declaring today "Tuesday."

But I suppose it has something to do with 'being just after Valentine's Day (with a few days for the depression-eating for those of us who lack a Sweetheart to spend it with), when "Valentine's Day"-candy is sold at a large discount.'

I sometimes get a little mind-spark from realizing that I have the same birthday as several famous people, and enough other people get that spark from seeing their birthday-cohort (both the currently-famous & the probably-not-yet famous) that I figure it's worth doing 'one of these entries for every birthday' ...

This Day's Birthday-Cohort

Astrologically, their sign is Aquarius (on the cusp of Pisces) ... no matter WHICH stars they were born under: Smokey Robinson, Seal, Jeff Daniels, Nicolaus Copernicus, Benicio Del Toro, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, comedian Joey Diaz, wrestler Big John Studd, Falco ("Rock Me Amadeus"), Brother Steven Furtick, Lee Marvin, Justine Bateman (Mallory on Family Ties ... now mostly a Producer), author Amy Tan (The Joy Luck Club, etc.), Hon. Lina Hidalgo

... and many others (most of whom are at the 'Birthday-Cohort' link)---

you might comment telling why we should recognize a special one I missed ...

Or maybe you'd like a reminder of 'where you've seen one of the ones we DO mention'; Ask in your comment!

My Heart of the Nation calendar (which tells me which celebrations we (Catholics) are celebrating, and which color Vestments the clergy are wearing) tells us that this day's Green, with an Optional Memorial (in White) for the Blessed Virgin Mary 


Comments