@Supremacy1914 #Simulates an Alternative PRESENT (it SAYS "Alternative History," but isn't very specific on 'how that came about' ...) | @Microsoft @Google @NatGeo @HistoryAtState @TIME

The Taboola-ad said




... that is, "What if WW1 had split the U.S. into many super tiny states? Game... simulates alternative history"








I clicked in, joined through my Facebook account, and chose a name related to my Native American heritage---CodeTalker (I added 'Red' (like the dirt round these parts), since the name 'CodeTalker' (the Native American task-force) was already taken); and I decided to start from Oklahoma (it's where I am).

Rather than 'explain the back-story,' the game gave just set me down as commander-in-chief of my nation, and gave me a bunch of 'tasks' to accomplish---mostly 'to set my constituents to work in accomplishing their tasks.'

|That word| seems important; so I found out a little more about |that word| (below-linked to Microsoft's free online version of the game that brought |that word| to my attention) and share my findings with you below---maybe I'll add some notes beneath (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments).

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

The word |Simulates| has evolved through ancient words that mean "Like, |Resembling, of the Same Kind (see |Similar)."
just like #Simulate #Simulated #Simulating #Simulation
 #Simulations #Simulative #Sim #Sims

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


What was World War I anyway? All they I can remember from elementary-school (in the 1980s & -90s) is "There was the Archduke Franz Ferdinand; and they assassinated him, and BOOM World War I happened!"

I'll find out what 'the deal' was; but mostly, I don't care. I understand that many American soldiers went 'over there' to protect us from ... I don't know, the A-rabs? the Commies? the Pinkos? and I "thank you for your service"; but I don't know how that applies to us today (and I hear an echo in response "Those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it" ... doooomed, DOOOOMED, I tells ya!)

Archduke Ferdinand was the heir to the Austria-Hungary throne, who was assassinated by a Bosnian Serb; and Austria-Hungary (in the Triple-Entente/Allies with Germany & Italy) regarded it as an act-of-war by Serbia---who looked to the Triple-Alliance/Central-Powers (Great Britain, Russia & France) for support.

National Geographic isn't too clear about 'what brought America into the war' (it says we entered it after about 3 years of non-intervention). It's also kind of confusing, because 'the Triple Entente' was also known as 'the Allies' while 'the Triple Alliance' was known as 'the Central Powers'; so--when NatGeo says the U.S. joined "the Allies"--I had to scroll on to read that 'that meant we beat Germany (from the Triple Alliance) before I knew that we were with the Triple Entente.

From the 'propaganda' shared above, I suppose America went into the war 'to keep the war overseas' (The Historian says that 'Germany's attacks on non-military craft' tipped the scales against the Germans).

You can see there that most of Supremacy 2924 is focused in Europe & the Middle East; which first looked like a disappointment to me, because I started in the 'Shattered America' game (because apparently 'staying out of World War I (the war that would have affirmed and strengthened our place as the world's greatest superpower)' splintered America into 50+ countries.

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

Comments