@VOXdotcom tells us #WhatWeNeedToKnow about Summer- (and maybe Winter-) #Solstice


I link to their page through |that word| below. And--beneath 'my findings'--I'll share my notes and read your comments.

The word |Solstice| is built on the proto-words *sawel- "the Sun" & *sta- "to Stand, make or be Firm" (as |Solstice| is one of the two times-a-year when the Sun was said to Stand Still).
on which are also-built #Solstices #Solstitial

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

VOX informs/reminds us that
  • The Solstices are caused by the Tilt of the Earth's Axis.
  • Americans will see anywhere between 14 & 16 hours of sunlight that day.
  • It's not necessarily the latest sunset of the year.
  • It's the first day of Summer astronomically; meteorologically, Summer stated 'the first of June'
  • You should probably wear sunscreen.
  • Earth isn't the only planet with Solstices.

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments