Why Men are Paid More than Women (STILL? I know!)---my theory? #Price of Use

A couple news-stories (shared with me by my WowApp (like the one you can get through the bold links below)) tell us that "The Glass Ceiling" is still firmly blocking women from earning as much as men.

The word “Price” is built on ancient words that mean "Reward, Prize, Praise, Value, Worth, to Traffic in, to Sell."
#Prices #Priced #Pricing #HalfPrice #Priceless #PriceTag #Pricey #Overprice

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'




The articles dig into the possible reasons behind the gender gap (which is partly 'the difference in pay,' but also factors-in other differences). But my theory is that Men are 'better tools' than Women. 

Oh, I know Women can do the same work as men--just as well if not better--in almost all situations (especially the ones talked-about by the BBC-articles); but 'the male machine' is a lot less complicated (with a lot fewer errors in the works).

Think: there are two hammers, and each one has equipment attached to it that has nothing to do with the 'hammering'-function. But one of the hammers (the female hammer) has even more extra equipment than the other (male) one---meaning that--if you pay the same amount for each of the hammers--the female hammer is going to cost you more.
 
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments