It's an Odd Balance: EVERYBODY wants the #Covert Knowledge; but--once it's #Overt--it's BORING

I had that strange realization/remembrance when I-was editing my Buffer-page (linked through the bold text below) & -saw that I only have accounts on 5 or 6 of the 25+ social networks they're connected-to!

The word “Covert” is built on ancient words that mean "to Cover."
#Covertly #CovertOperations
The word “Overt” is built on ancient words that mean "Off- or Away from-Cover, Open."
#Overtly #Overture

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

I want this blog to be 'popular' (which is why I 'format it' for Twitter---mainly through the @-tags & #-tags in my posts' title-lines), but I think my 'popularity protocol' has mainly been "behavior (devotion, conversation, etc.) aiming to gain the largest 'friend-group' (following?) on ONE network" rather than "putting out a call on EVERY NETWORK I CAN TOUCH!"

Now--even after I join all the additional networks and plug in my I.D.s to my Buffer-page--I'm probably going to go back to only focusing on the two-or-three accounts on networks I already know (Twitter, where 'all the media that matters' hangs out; Facebook, which is mostly 'just family stuff' for me; and YouTube, where I'm not a video-maker but watch a lot)
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments