Well Well Well, If it's Not the Consequences of my own ... #Catchphrase that the Audience Constructed in its own Memory ... | @Bing @Reddit @Eddache_

SNORG TEES uses one of those #catchphrases on a shirt you can order through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first–after a mention of my biggest supporters (possibly including you–I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

A “Catchphrase” is a Phrase that is so-called because it will Catch in the Minds of its #Hearers. 
The word "Hearers" is built on ancient words that mean "to Mark, Perceive (see |Acoustic)."
 #Hear #HearHear! #Heard #Hearing #Hearer #Hark #Hearken #Hearsay #Mishear #Overhear #Overheard #Misheard #Rehear #Unheard



I knew that it was a common 'twist' on a common warning from parents (that one day you'll have to face the consequences of your actions), but was it from a popular program?

I asked The Internet, and 'the general consensus' (i.e. the first two sources that looked honest ... I'm too impatient to look through the rest) said that it was Jake Peralta on BROOKLYN NINE-NINE ... well, the first source said it was something 'snarky' like he would say, and the second source--though it thought it'd heard him say it--actually heard it from a popular tweet from earlier.

That reminded me of (starting about 10-and-a-half minutes in) ...
I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments