Can @AdCouncil @BelongingBegins Save Me from this Excessive #Solitude?

BBWE explains 'the various ways they help people across America' in a collection of reports you can access through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Solitude” is built on ancient words that mean "Alone (see |Sole)" (Schopenhauer explains why "a man" should be a #Solitudinarian (|Recluse, Unsocial Person) ...) 
A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; ... if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. [Schopenhauer, "The World as Will and Idea," 1818]

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



I'll look at BBWU's stories (and maybe join in and add my own) later, but first I want to 'respond' to the text above--"Community is much more than belonging to something; it's about doing something together that makes 'belonging' matter" (the text over a crowd of people-figures arranged in the shape of a dialog-balloon, in case the image isn't shown)--

So what makes "belonging" matter? That question brings-to-mind an infamous Bible-quote: "It is not good for the man to be alone." If you don't belong, you're defying Our Father's decree!

(As Our Father was talking about then-single Adam there, the implication is that 'it is not good for the man to be SINGLE'; but then Jesus Christ--THE Man--was single! (especially during His trial & execution), and you could say that He only resurrected because He belonged with His disciples!)

But my pragmatic mind finds 'real' reasons for a man to belong: of course, there's "the continuation of the species" (it takes two, baby); but I'm pretty sure there are others (I only know a few of 'the bad things about solitude' because--though I have been 'alone and lonely' all my life--I have been very 'protected' by my caregivers & the TBI-conquering community.

(Yes, you could say that that's a community where I 'belong'; but ... one wants to "earn" their 'belonging'-ness in a community, and 'being a TBI-conqueror' often feels more like "searching through the dumpster, hoping you can still use the malfunctioning tools that the other communities throw in the garbage" 😡)

One of the reasons I would not be good alone---Cleanliness. Oh, I'm not a dirty hoarder (or a clean hoarder either 😆)--leaving dirt & garbage & all my things strewn around all over the ground in my home--but I ... well, the main thing was 'my bedsheets'; I just wasn't aware that the human body practically DUMPS 'its essence' on the bed as you sleep.

Even if you're totally potty-trained--with ZERO "accidents"--your body dutifully exudes its sweat & sheds its dead hair & -skin; and bedbugs LOVE that stuff! If you go too long without cleaning your sheets (that's both 'those that cover YOU' and 'those that cover your mattress'), it's like you're cooking the bugs' favorite meal and inviting them all in to feast on the banquet laid-out to them!

Another thing that makes "belonging" important---Motivation. I wouldn't get out of bed (except to eat and wash) if I didn't have "work" to do!---that's both 'this' (and the dozen-or-so of you out there paying attention) and other online interactions (people playing the MMORPGs where they share & hope you share too, forums where they get paid to have you share with them, etc.)

Comments