Looking for an #Honest (NO MONEY INVOLVED) #TrafficExchange, & some Good #Hackers (the way they were in the movie @HackersCurator) | #Honestly #Hack #Honesty #Hacker #MakeAnHonestWomanOutOfYou #Hacked

I'm a thinker. I watch whatever 'the news/my Facebook feed/my Twitter feed/my forum friends/my favorite television' says is happening, and I think about it.

With so much to think about, I don't have enough space in my head to keep all the thoughts; so I share them here.  The more people I have seeing my thoughts, the easier it is to remember them. So I want to have 'lots of people' reading these thoughts.

(Ostensibly (as if I know what that word means 😏), 'more people looking at my thoughts' means 'more people looking at "the advertisements adjacent to my thoughts."' And--the more advertisers get seen here--the more money I am given.

Lots of exchanges (they're not calling them 'reader-' or even 'customer-exchanges,' but "traffic-exchanges" ... because I guess that's all you're getting---'your site's motion-sensor activated by another computer zooming by it on the Information Superhighway) want you to think 'that is how online-work operates these days' (like "machines running your site-data through their systems" equals "instant money," so you should pay THEM more to make your traffic-ticker count higher!)


But that's not how money works!

I'll get into 'how things actually work' a little later (a LOT!); but first I want to understand 'the words I-mention in the title & -hyperlink to Strategy Traffic below' better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Honest” is built on ancient words that mean "deserving |Honor & Respect."
The word “Hackers (with #Hacking #Hacks #Hackneyed #Hacksaw #HackIt #HackAfter #HackAround #HackWriter #HackWork)” is built on ancient words that mean |Hackney (in England's Middlesex, a |Pastureland where one could buy a Horse for Peacetime |Civilian Purposes (a horse also called a |Hackney)--usually a |Nag (i.e. not fit for racing or wartime charging etc.)). 
... There's also the sense (rooted in Hook or Tooth) of the person who would Hew down |Vegetation blocking your Path in the |Outback |Wilderness.

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Advertising has been connected to 'the news-media' ever since ... just-after The Gutenberg Bible, I imagine; but the first advertiser I think of is GE ... they practically PRODUCED the television-industry, didn't they?

Not wanting to research the actual history right now, I'll guess at how it actually happened: Back to the old-time newsprint - publishers were barely scraping-by on the profits of the few people who bought their papers from the newsboys, so they arranged to sell ad-space in their papers. People who read their papers would then have the advertised company on their minds when they needed to buy that sort of product-or-service!

That is basically how ALL advertising works (from there, all the way through advertisers paying millions to be mentioned on TV commercial-breaks). Oh, Internet-advertising is more-exact about 'who the audience is' (rather than generalizing that "this type of person" lives in "this broadcast-area" and so is probably watching "this type of program," they can monitor "exactly which computer accessed exactly which website"); but the advertisers don't know whether an actual person is accessing it or just a computer program is 'running the counter' (which is why they call them "traffic-" and not reader- nor customer-exchanges). 

They even convinced me that sometimes 'the traffic-numbers' matter more than 'the number of actual people who see your stuff,' which is why I sometimes let an AutoSurf run on my computer (usually while I eat breakfast or lunch, or while I'm away from the computer for some other reason ... always checking-out at least the first- & last-pages of every session!)

Comments