#Raiden

Raiden is a character in MORTAL KOMBAT, the subject of the post linked through 'the main word' below; I'll talk about some interesting things about Raiden in a second, but first I want to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Raiden (雷電 or らいでん, God of Thunder)” is built on ancient words that mean Thunder & Lightning. #Rayden #Raijin

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


I remember when I first 'met' Raiden, when he was just one of the fighters you can become in the game. In the '90s movie, it was apparent he was 'more than just another Shaolin-monk.'

I got more-involved with other things over the years, so I haven't 'studied' much of the MK-lore ... or else I would've gotten interested in Raiden's backstory much sooner. Because I just-recently saw 'the MORTAL KOMBAT-sequel' (ANNIHILATION ... where I don't think I ever saw James Remar wearing the signature coolie/shepherd-hat), where it's revealed that he's actually a 'demigod' (and not just 'a guy who does god-like things,' but 'a son of one of the Elder Gods').

And he also 'forsook his immortality to save the people of the Earth, and then became an Elder God himself.'

Comments