#ConferenceOfRemotes (controlling @AmazonFireTV, that's plugged into my @VIZIO TV) turns my #SmartTV 'STUPID'! | @itsOnATT

So I have a VIZIO smart-TV. Through that, I can only access my Cable TV, my NETFLIX & my Amazon Prime Video (3 separate subscriptions, I think). I was given an Amazon Fire TV 'dongle' (I think that's the word), which gives me access to NETFLIX, Amazon Prime Video & several other services (some additional subscriptions, some free services (at-least free-additions) ... hulu, HBOMAX, etc.)

The services outsmart my TV with the #remotes---there's a syndicated TV-series I've been watching on Prime Video accessed through the VIZIO's remote-controller, but when I try to access the same series on 'the same service' but through the FireTV-remote, the menu behaves as if I'm 'just discovering the series for the first time' (i.e. it seems like it should be set up to play 'the next episode of the series,' but I have to go back to the original #remote (or -have to 'remember which episode I'm on' 😒) unless I want to start the whole thing over! 😬

... a problem I might not have if all the services were controlled by one "Remote." That word (below linked to 'the name of the process that might've solved the problem') ... I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the first words' bases ...

The word “Remote” is built on ancient words that mean "to Move- or |Push Away-from far Back." #Remotely #Remoteness #RemoteControl (both 'the functionality' and 'the device that uses it' a.k.a. the #RemoteController or #TheRemote or #TheClicker).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


I only mention two remotes above, but there's also 'the remote I got from the cable-company' (which I mainly use when I'm watching cable-TV, although it does control the volume too ... and probably other things on the TV if I bothered to read the instruction-manual) and 'the remote on my DVD-player' (which I don't use--and probably isn't even plugged-in--but it's still there ...)

Comments