Four-or-Five #Sorts of Friends (and I'm not talking about the social-networks' MISuse of the word 'friends') | @ProLifeMastery

What I show here is 'the group of words' that couch "that word" (below hyperlinked to something that helps explain "why I call the first groups of people listed-below-the-Subscribe-bar 'friends'" ... a truth that I thought for the longest time was The Real Secret Law-of-Attraction) into your vocabulary ... deeper meanings that 'firm the foundations' upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Sorts” (a Kind or Variety) is built on ancient words that mean "to Line-up" (the verb #Sorting--if not an abbreviation of |Assort--comes from the same root as the noun). 
#Sort #Sorted #Sorting

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner



I don't have a lot of "friends" in real life---the kind that would call me to help them move to a new house or -that have me on their emergency-contact list.

But I am a friend to I-don't-know-how-many (as many 'subscribers' or 'followers' as I have). And--the way I'm a friend to all of them--there are many-many 'people' who are friends to me (mostly fictional 'people,' but quite a few "host-identities" like ... well, you'll see).

The 'host-identities'--people that I know almost-nothing about (except 'the kind of comedy they deliver' or 'the attitude they usually use in delivering their comedy' ... and yes, most of them are comedians---and a few news-anchors and other famous people):
Joel McHale, Daniel Tosh, George Carlin, Rodney Dangerfield, Johnny Carson, Bob Hope, Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, KWTV's Gary England, Jim Gaffigan, Jill (from "MOM") Michelle-Melean, KFOR's Linda Cavanaugh, Stephen Colbert, Liz Miele, David Spade, John Oliver, John Mulaney, Jon Stewart, Krystal Ball, Saagar Enjeti, Donald J. Trump (and thereby Don Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, Tiffany Trump, Barron Trump, etc.-etc.), Hank & John Green and more-and-more as I think of them ...


They're 'friends' whom I wouldn't ask to help me do anything they weren't already doing (not because they lack the ability--the reason why most 'people I know' don't ask me to help them do anything--but mostly because 'they don't owe it to me.'

(That takes me into a whole 'discussion' of "the quid-pro-quo of friendship"---briefly, that your friends assist you--not-necessarily because you actually have assisted them in the past--but because they know you would assist them.)

For a similar reason, I also wouldn't ask most of my 'friends' to help out ... for that reason, and because they do not actually "exist" (being characters from popular 'stories' I enjoy)---the grown-up version of "imaginary friends":


MONK, PSYCH, STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION (& of course T.O.S., D.S.9, ENTERPRISE, VOYAGER, 'The Kelvin Universe,' DISCOVERY), The Bible, STAR WARS, MARVEL's Avengers (who are for some reason separate from The X-Men & Fantastic Four et al.), DC's Justice League & 'CW Superhero Team' (whose name I can't find), DOCTOR WHO; State-, National- & International Politics (I believe that those people 'actually exist,' but ... they're not 'what they do' so much as 'what they SAY about what others do'), and probably many others I might add later ...

 Then there are a few types of real friends:

Colleagues/Classmates, Neighbors, Fellow Congregants, Friends-of-Family

And that gets into the truest group of friends (which is why it's important that 'the being we follow (in spiritual-matters)' has to be related to 'the being we worship'),

The Family 

Comments