How Can #Cortana improve Your Online-Experience? | @Microsoft @BingRewards @Cortana @TutorialsPoint | #Curtana #Courtain

Trying to find out how using Microsoft Edge can earn me "twice as many Bing-/Microsoft Rewards points," I eventually surf to a page that tells me Microsoft Edge can help me use Cortana.

What's Cortana? I'm not sure yet.

First I want to show you 'the group of words' that couch "that word" (below hyperlinked to a video that introduces you to Microsoft's desktop-helper) into your vocabulary ... deeper meanings that 'firm the foundations' upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Cortana” (named after a |Synthetic-Intelligence character in Microsoft's video-game |Halo) is built on ancient words that mean Shortened (name of a ceremonial type of sword---like 'the Sword of Mercy' or 'Edward the Confessor's Sword' (a symbolically broken sword in England's Crown Jewel regalia; also the name of the sword of Ogier the Dane--originally belonging to Tristan and 'cut short' to fit Ogier--with the inscription: 
("My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal.")

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


I got distracted with all that 'Cortana the Cyborg & -Sword'-information, I didn't hear what the video said about it. Turns out, Cortana was "inside, all along" ... that is, it's a program that came pre-installed with Windows 10.

After a brief look at Tutorial Point, I thought 'Why don't I just open "the Cortana-program that's on my computer"?' So I open it, and it tells me to sign-in. I sign-in, give them 'access to my private information' (which doesn't include any of my money-information), and it tells me ... relatively nothing, except that it's a sort of info-assistant---

It basically presents a 'pop-up window' with the text:
    Here are some things I can help you do:
  • Stay on track
    Remind me to update the status report every Friday at 3 PM
  • Plan ahead
    What's next on my calendar?
  • Get started quickly
    Open Calculator
... oh! There were a few lines of text covered-up by a little 'pop-up notification' (the main 'window' is like a 'chat-box').


"Cortana" chats a couple lines:
Hi there. 
Talk to me by typing in the text-box (at the bottom of the chat-screen).

I suppose it's like the early Microsoft OS's 'Clippy.' 


Comments