#Hungarian Dances trigger Memories of 'My Orchestra-Days' | @Wikipedia @OETAOK @LawrenceWelkLPs @____ratmir____ | #Hungarian #Hungarians

What I show here is 'the group of words' that couch "that word" (below hyperlinked to a small report on Hungary's big influence on music-history) into your vocabulary ... deeper meanings that 'firm the foundations' upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Hungary” is built on ancient words that mean "Land of the |Huns (who actually called themselves |Magyars)."





So I watch broadcasts of The Lawrence Welk Show on PBS (OETA, I think), and I saw this "Hungarian Dance (Chardis? Charrdash? Chadich?)" and thought, 'Hey, isn't that Schindler's List? ... no, not really; but either a) kind of (the tone or theme (or some music-word) influencing Mr. Williams' arrangement, or b) my memory as a violinist who was learning both pieces at the time (some 25 years ago).

Comments