#TheBoys & #TheSupes' #GodComplex | @TheBoysTV @Youtube @Wikipedia | #Complex #Complexity #Complexes #Complexities

Before I get into 'some revelations' I had while watching Tʜᴇ Bᴏʏs (show on the streaming-service offered at the site hyperlinked-to below), what's important here is 'the word hyperlinked below'---a word they are able to use because it's connected to other words built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Complex” (here referring to the Psychological term for a Connected Group of Repressed Ideas) is built on ancient words that mean "to |Plait |Together or -|With" (the Many |Intricately |Connected Parts of a Whole). 
The "God Complex" is the firm belief in one's own abilities & privileges (often in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


Tʜᴇ Bᴏʏs has been inspiring some deep soul-searching because ... a little space for a


... 'the way Homelander grew up (and the way his illegitimate son was growing up ... and maybe many more of The Supes living lives "separated from society" by their super-powers)' echoes the way I grew up.

Basically, I've been unable to do a lot of the things that most people consider 'a part of growing up'; thus many don't feel I deserve the 'little treasures' that grown-ups take for granted.

What little treasures? Well, it's probably things you don't even think about; I don't want to bring them up, because ... I don't want to be angry that I don't have them ...

The 'way to grow up' that most matches mine (I think) is Annie "Starlight" January. Where she had The Supes (which I guess is what they're calling all the people infected with Compound V), I have the TBI Survivor community. Where she had 'traveling across the country with her mom to appear at ... I dunno; Christian Beauty-Pageants (Capes for Christ, Believe Expo)?' I had ... well, The Internet (although I don't know if I've been seen by even a fraction of the audience).

I first thought of this comparison when Annie appeared at Believe Expo for (I suppose) the last time. Her realization is summarized best in her speech to the assembly. And I'm reminded of my years as an Altar Boy---when I saw things that sorta made church-services less "magical" ... not the disgusting things you hear about in the tabloid-news, but rather 'that the sacred wine & the communion wafers came from "a production-factory" (probably a nearby abbey or monastery).'

I see Annie realizing that her powers didn't come from "God," but from "a chemical that her parents pumped into her body when she was an infant." Her mother tries to keep her mind tied to the 'it's all from God'-story by telling her "it was God who brought Vought into our lives!"

And I think of how Christian TBI Survivors (and their Christian caregivers and Christian therapists etc.) frequently 'parrot' Thanks to God because "He saved our lives," when our lives are actually saved by us-ourselves, our caregivers-, doctors-, nurses- and therapists-themselves.

Yes, God gives us the power to save our lives & the lives of others--which we keep by ... reminding ourselves & -everyone that God gives us the power--but Can we have any power that we don't regularly 'use' (or 'risk using,' if it's one of the powers we have that we can only use once)?

Comments