#ThankYouNotes, but Better ... #Permemotes | @StLukesOKC @Buzzsprout @ECHenry1 @PilotIntlHQ @PIHQInfo @Linkedin @Make_Promises | #Permemote

Rev. Wendy Lambert (at the sermon linked-to through "that word" below) suggests--along with two other suggestions to increase our souls' gratefulness--that we write more 'Thank You'-notes.

I agree that 'working to show thanks to friends' is a good thing; but 'Thank You'-notes? Maybe this is "a terrible thing" that I'm confessing; but I throw out any 'Thank You'-notes I receive! I mean, I fully appreciate their thankfulness for 'whatever it is I did'; but once I know they're thankful, the note is as useless as a dead 'Klingon' (well, a dead 'member of one of these little Klingon-cultures')!

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by 
FeedBurner

But now--thanks to the wonders of technology like The Internet etc.--I can note the memory of my gratitude known to my friends in a more-permanent way.

What I show here is 'the group of words' that give "that word" a place to connect to your vocabulary ... deeper sources that firm the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Permemote” is a portmanteau of the words Permanent, Memory & Note.

My Latest Permemotes:

      • ... of course, there are more-and-more '"Thank You"-permemotes I'll be adding here for as long as I can 😘

  • I want to thank Gary Bulmer, husband (of Elaine), father (of my high-school buddy Grant (and his siblings)), grandfather, leader of a few 'survivor' support-groups, and himself a survivor of a hemorhagic stroke
    • for helping me to learn- & accept that 'TBI recovery' isn't "getting over my Traumatic Brain-Injury" as much as it is "learning to live with it"
  • I want to thank Pilot International---it's been a long time since I've really noticed what they do (partly because I've recovered so well that I don't "feel the needs they fulfill" - providing a large number of TBI-Camps across the country), but I'm reminded of them by ...
    • Kathy (of Pilots of Canyon Lake) who sent me (and maybe many other TBI-survivors who attend at least one TBI-Camp) a special note to let me know they were thinking about me and hoping I was doing well. It's nice to know you're missed.
  • I want to thank Mountain High Camp (founded- & run by Traci Wilson, Charlotte Wilson, Mike Wilson, et al.)---a yearly mountain-retreat for adult TBI-survivors
    • for their "2020 Devotional"---their "bringing camp to" us (pandemic restrictions forcing us to 'skip' a year) with a few copies of a "God's Camp Mountain High"-postcard (with  that title stamped on a picture of a verdant mountain-valley beneath snowy mountain-peaks, a picture adorned with a few 'sunflowers' (the State-flower of New Mexico, where the annual retreat is held), put together by B.J. Currey.
    • the many camp-sponsors & attendees' caregivers who send us each a stack of 'encouragement-cards' every year.
  • I want to thank Tracy L. J. Grammer, who
    • helped start a TBI-survivors' retreat near Guthrie, Oklahoma, (inspired by the Pilot Clubs & Mountain High Camp)
    • was my speech-therapist as I came out of the coma my TBI put me in
    • is very supportive of 'the recovery that will continue for the rest of my life' (as TBIs usually do

Comments