I'm Officially #Ravvid for #TheBoys @TheBoysTV (I know; the word is actually #Rabid, but ... eww, no) | | #Rabidly #Rave #Rabidity #Raving #Raves #Raver #StarrkRavingMad

How-so? Coincidentally ... but I'll talk about that in a second. What's important right now is 'that word' (below-hyperlinked to Amazon's offer of the streaming-video series The Boys)---a word which you only know-about because it's connected to other words you know better, built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Ravvid” is ... a 'misspelling' I'm hoping to "coin" into the word that fits this definition of "Rabid" (partly because one of its root-words is actually spelled that way ... we'll see ...).
The word "Rabid" is built on ancient words that mean "to be |Mad, #Rave" (see |Rage).

The word "Rave (as well as #Raving #Raved #Raves)" is built on ancient words that mean "to Dream, |Wander Here-&-There, |Prowl, be |Crazy" (see |Reverie). 






So The Boys has been 'broadcasting' a new episode every Friday for--oh--the last month. And I would usually catch it that afternoon (which is a little bit 'ravvid,' I know; but it's not like I'm "cutting my work-hours" or "calling in 'sick'" to stay home & watch it ... and I've only 'binged the series' once-or-twice 😊).

But this morning, I happened to wake up at 1 a.m. I didn't "plan" to watch the new episode 'as soon as possible' (I wasn't 'waiting for it like a schoolgirl waits for the phone to ring'); but I was up, & the TV was there ...

Besides, it's the 2nd season's season-finale! (It's probably not the "series-finale," as the show-runner talked about 'a third season written-&-ready-to-go'; but they didn't say 'Amazon has ordered a third season,' and The Boys are all at a good stopping-place if Amazon decides to drop them---


Hughie's quit The Boys and is working on 'the legal side,' Mother's Milk is moving back in with his wife & child, Butcher--Mallory offered him a government-job fighting the Supes, but he just walked away (though he might come back & take the job)--and Frenchie & Kumiko ... went dancing ...

Comments