a trifle disturbed by a #BristolMyersSquibb-commercial (about their work with #MultipleSclerosis) I saw on @hulu this morning ... maybe a little Clarity will ease my angst? | @BMSnews @YouTube @bing @Wikipedia

The commercial described a few of the symptoms that #MS-sufferers live with; and I'm thinking 'So Multiple #Sclerosis is just a "big medicine"-term for "Getting Older"?'

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to BMS's Patient Resources for MS) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Sclerosis” is built on ancient words that mean Hard (see #Sclero-). 
"Sclero-" related to ancient words that mean "to |Parch, |Wither." 
#Sclerotic #Scleroderma #Arteriosclerosis #Atherosclerosis #Sclera





I forget 'what all the symptoms were' (I remember something about 'looking into your refrigerator & forgetting what you were looking-for,' maybe 'a numbness in your arm as you're dragging your grand-toddler in a stroller' ...)

I thought YouTube was designed for picking up details like that (I read once that YouTube was started so that people could re-watch Janet Jackson's nip-slip in her Super Bowl halftime-show with Justin Timberlake) ...
... but I can't seem to find the commercial (obviously hulu-content is 'on a different database' than analog network-content).

Comments