I Think I Prefer #OnlineConversation because It's Actually More of a #Dialogue (and This Is the Difference) | #Dialog #Dialoguing #Dialogued #Dialogues


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


I posted about Conversation ... mostly because I'm sort-of 'missing it' (even though I don't get out enough to get it "regularly," the shelter-in-place has taken even the little bit I get from my interaction with Walmart- & McDonald's-employees).

'But then,' you might wonder, 'Why aren't you making your blogs more "conversational"?' I'm not sure; I don't think I've done anything to STOP people from commenting below ...

I can only guess that I'm not exactly "responding" to comments people have made elsewhere nor asking compelling questions here in my posts, and thus none of 'my readers' feel "invested in a conclusion."

I suppose it's because I write in a more 'dialogue' style ... I don't know the exact difference, but I think my writing 'pays-less mind to what you think about it & -more mind to "whether it's my honest opinion"' (e.g. if I come back to this post and learn I-got something wrong and -have changed my opinion about something else, I'll probably only change the part about my opinion & only note that the wrong thing was something I honestly thought)

Sort of like The Dialogues of Plato, where he made statements of his strongly-held opinions.

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to 'Conversation') is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Dialogue” is built on ancient words that mean "to Speak (|Collect, Gather, Pick out Words) Across or -Between" (to Discourse Together).






Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments