With @TabsForACause, We Donate to Charities by 'Doing what we were Going to Do Anyway' (Opening New #Tabs in our Browsers) @Google @acfusa @save_children @GiveDirectly @Water @EducateOrg @JohnGreen @HankGreen @RoomtoRead @hrw (#HumanRightsWatch) @ConservationOrg #Tab #Tabbing


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


'That word' (below-hyperlinked to your invitation to help us donate to the causes) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Tab” is ... well, the word as applied to web-browsers is 'new'; in most web-browsers, you can open multiple-pages simultaneously ... with all the open webpages (beside the one you're looking-at) listed on 'Small Flaps or Strips' along the top- or bottom- or side of the browser-window.
We don't know the base which 'That Meaning of "Tabs"' is built-on, but the word Tag is used interchangeably in the same place. 
The noun meaning "Account, Bill, Check" (Pick Up the Tab, Pay Your Bar-Tab, Keeping Tabs on the Competitors, etc.) is probably an abbreviation of either |Tabulation or |Tablet (a |Sheet for Writing on ... or a Lozenge or Sugar-Pill). 
'Tab' is also an abbreviation of Tabloid (a Magazine which–incidentally, and probably having-nothing-to-do-with the actual etymology–is known for 'Keeping "Tabs" on Celebrities').

After they provided 25,000 (and more) meals to No Kid Hungry (in this phase of their COVID-19 relief-efforts, now building-up pledges for Doctors without Borders), I finally got around to 'Chrome-guyvering' it into my browser.

I'll explain: Sure, Google Chrome hosts the app-program; but–for me, at least–a few other apps were sorta 'getting in the way.'

First of all; although they say TfaC 'fits right in' with Google Chrome's New Tab function, it doesn't ... not if you're running the Chrome Extension AdGuard, which disables the revenue-earning ads on the New Tab page (even if I try to add a 'filter-rule' ... I guess I don't quite understand how to put in the "@@||")

So I went to find out how to change the 'New Tab'-address. It's kinda weird (I suppose a Microsoft Rewards app had somehow allowed me to use the Microsoft Rewards dashboard as my 'New Tab'-address), but it seems I couldn't change the 'New Tab'-address without the Chrome Extension New Tab Redirect.

But–now that ...



... you & I can start finding out about the groups TfaC is supporting:







Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments