The Weirdness of 'Putting an @Amazon FireStick on an Already-#SmartTV'

The Amazon Firestick (common name for Amazon's Fire TV Stick (4K streaming device)) is advertised as 'a way to turn your regular TV into a Smart TV (a #Smart TV is a television 'on the Internet' (which mostly means 'connected to video-libraries rather than only-"streaming"-on-a-broadcast-schedule)).

But--if you plug the Firestick into a TV that's already a Smart TV--it's ... well, I'll discuss it 'beneath the Subscribe-bar'; What I show first is 'the group of words' that couch "that word" (below hyperlinked to Amazon's offer on the Firestick device) into your vocabulary ... deeper meanings that 'firm the foundations' upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word |Smart| is built on ancient words that mean Pain (to |Rub Away, to |Harm ... yes, there is the 'that smarts!'-sense of the word; the 'intelligent'-sense is on the notion of one's Cutting Wit or else 'Being |Keen at Bargaining').  
#Smarter #Smartest #Smartly #Smartness #GetSmart #SmartAleck #Smarts #Smarted #Smarting


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


Like I was saying; if you plug the Firestick into a TV that's already a Smart TV, it's like having more than one Operating System (OS) on a desktop-computer (I guess ...

(I don't think I've ever had 'more than one OS on a desktop-computer,' except maybe a few brief moments when I was downloading a new OS to replace the old OS I'm using to download the new OS.)

That might help explain something weird with the 'video-lists' displayed on my TV: at the top of my Firestick's 'home-page,' there's a list of "Recent"-videos (some movies I've started- but haven't yet finished-watching, some 'next episode's of series I've started watching). Some of those 'Recent'-videos are programs I've watched on Prime Video on 'the Smart TV' (a VIZIO).

But--if I'm looking through 'the Prime Video catalog' and add one of the programs to the 'Watch Later'- (or maybe it's the 'Watch Next') list, it doesn't get added to the home-screen's top-list ... 🤔

(And forgive me if I mix up 'Prime Video' with 'Videos
 included FREE on Amazon Prime' ... I keep thinking they're
 "the same thing"; but 'Prime Video' sometimes refers to
 "Pay-per-View"-type videos---movies & series you have
 to pay-for separately ... like for-instance Blossom




































I dunno ...)plug

Comments