Black History Month - a Rejection of Dr. Martin Luther King's Dream?

You can get to the ForumCoin forum through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first–after a mention of my biggest supporters (possibly including you–I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The a 'grain in the foundation' beneath Discrimination is the word #Entice. “Entice” is a word built on ancient words that mean "Firebrand In (to Set on Fire)."
 #Enticed #Enticing #Enticingly #Intice (obsolete spelling) #Inticed #Inticing #Enticement


On the above-linked ForumCoin forum, I wrote the following; but it was probably taken down (or maybe that was another one I'm thinking-of that was definitely taken down!)

Black History Month ... strikes me as a Rejection of Dr. King's 'Dream'

Postby friendociate » less than a minute ago

We all remember the famous speech of Civil Rights icon Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

The "dream" that sticks out in my memory of the speech (not that I was alive for the live presentation, but in recordings you hear like Christmas Music (in America) starting on 'the day after Thanksgiving Day') is "... my little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character ..."

But is it 'Content of their Character'-month? Maybe it should be, because indeed-we-do celebrate the higher quality of character key figures used to rise above the discrimination that USED to exist in America (oh, you'll hear all over the news that 'statistically' Blacks are less-favored than their White brethren; but ... no, nobody is being told out loud, "You can't have this job or -buy-or-sell this product-or-service because you're Black." And I don't think there are any more "No Blacks Allowed Here"-areas, no seperate water-fountains for Blacks, etc.)

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that 'the only reason racism still exists is because the story-tellers won't quit talking about it!''---same way a lot of problems work (one interpretation of the old saying "Speak of The Devil, & The Devil shall appear!')

For instance, I don't have many friends offline. Oh, there are many 'people I know when I see them' who don't "hate" me (and who probably know me too :wave: ); but I don't live anywhere near them and haven't SEEN them (except maybe in writing online) for a decade or two. And I blame my brain-injury. Blaming my brain-injury, it's almost like I give people AN EXCUSE to cast me out of their groups!

It's a passive-aggressive habit I have, called "rumination." Yes--like cows chew their cud (they regurgitate their food, chew it and swollow it again)--people say terrible things about themselves to EXCUSE the people who mistreat them (e.g. "Oh, fine! Go ahead and leave me here babbling to myself like a senile old ..." etc.)

And--though we consciously know we don't really mean all the terrible things we're saying about ourselves--our subconscious minds can't understand "sarcasm," so they hear what we're saying as if it's a sincere accusation.

That's why I don't like comedians who do 'Because We're Black'-jokes---I'm sure many people think that Blacks in America ALL love fried chicken & waffles, lack the ability to swim, and all sorts of other stereotypes ... simply because 'they've heard it several times (on TV and in movies).'

So how much of "racism today" is just 'cultural rumination'?



Image
I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments