There's a 'Forgotten #Bay' in #KlondikeTheLostExpedition @plarium? it may be 'a Red Herring,' but it might ALSO be 'where your lost Father went!'

Playing KLONDIKE: THE LOST EXPEDITION, there's a 'secret passage' that takes you to Forgotten Bay---which is like a whole `nother "home station" that's ... well, I'll get into it below the subscribe-bar

But first I want to research the word 'Bay' ('the emboldened link(s) to the KLONDIKE-game' below). And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Bay” is built on ancient words that also mean "Inlet, Recess in the |Shore of a Sea or |Lake" (if not talking about the 'opening in a wall' based on ancient words that mean |Gape, |Yawn (also the sense used in #SickBay, #BayWindow), the deep-toned howl of a dog (a word Echoic of |Howling ((|Bark, |BowWow, |Bawl) holding bad-guys #AtBay #Bayed #Baying), the reddish-brown color-name from words that mean "Horses of |Chestnut-|Brown," the laurel shrub's name from words that mean "|Berry" (with #BayLeaf #BayBerry)).
#Bayside

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



It's weird, because--though I 'get transported to the Forgotten Bay by touching a mantel-piece I hung over a cave-entrance--I for some reason can't go through the cave until I hang that mantel-piece!

To find out more about it, I started by 'reading the Adventure-story they've given (in the Traveler's Diary) there.'
I stepped into the darkness of the cave. When I came out on the other side, I discovered a sunlit shore. Apparently, people had left that place a long time ago: all abandoned buildings were overgrown with weeds. The captain seems to be excited, and he helps the crew keep their spirits high. 

Captain Who? Is this supposed to be the main character's journal, or the journal they dug up when they found it buried somewhere there? There are clues making me think it could be either way ...

Captain Hamilton helped me build up trade with foreign sailors. I exchanged my goods for some fancy coins with a parrot on the obverse. Sailors call them 'silvers' and value this currency more than any treasures. 

So now I need 'silvers' to hire 'sailors' (or neighbors who've also discovered their stations' Forgotten Bays ... and now I can visit their Forgotten Bays the way I can visit their Home Stations ... with some weird 'STARGATE'-network ...)

Beside the Trading Post and the 'buried treasures' (I mention below), I wonder if there are other ways to get 'silvers' ... 

Singing their cheerful songs, the sailors had been beavering away; and the first house was built before dusk. After a long and exhausting day, my crew could finally rest and chat by the fire. 
The newly built tavern attracted many jolly sailors. One of them told me about a small settlement on Selvil Isle. He said people from Forgotten Bay had moved there. I was burning with curiosity, but Captain Hamilton said I wasn't ready for the adventures on the high seas. 

I hadn't heard it put that way; the way I learned it, there are 'tasks I have to finish' (materials to gather & buildings to build) before I can get started on the Shipyard! 

Searching for coconut palms, I went deep into the island. I cut through the dense thickets and came across a stone bridge. Its huge columns were covered with mysterious symbols, and the arch had many round sockets. I had no doubt that construction had been built a few centuries ago. I've never heard about the people who lived there. 
Once I stepped on that bridge, the water in the ravine below seethed, and I saw brown tentacles! And the next moment a giant octopus appeared in front of me, blocking the way to the other side. I was so scared and astounded I forgot how to breathe. The only thing I could do was back away. When I left the bridge, the octopus hit the rocks with its tentacles and slid back into the water. 
I hurried to the tavern to tell the captain about the creature I had encountered. Hamilton burst out laughing and said I had found the Kraken Bridge. People were staying away from it. "The monster has been guiding the bridge ever since I can remember. No one can cross the ravine. The kraken is always there, day and night! Nobody wants to mess with this jumbo. Well, at least it doesn't steal our food, right? Haha!" 

The octopus is just sitting there, but 'clicking on the gate it's blocking' tells me that the first thing I'll need to get past it & across the bridge is a pair of "Pearls of the Kraken." 

It tells me I can get those "on sea-voyages," which I can't take until I build and use my Shipyard, which I can't do until I finish the tasks they list ... starting with 'buying & building a Fruit Press': I do that, and they say ... 

The fruit press provided us with a constant supply of fresh juice and jam. My sailors came up with a brilliant idea to make mango ice cream. 

But they haven't shown me the recipe yet! 

Sea adventures await! Complete quests to learn where the story goes!

And it gives me a button labeled "SHOW," and I click it to see ... my next task: Build a Fish Stall (to 'provide food from the sea for our small settlement')---meaning I have to earn the silvers (earned by trading materials at the Trader Wagon, or found under trees-and-stones I clear away) to buy the building's foundation, and then find/trade-for the materials to finish its construction.


It probably did that after each of the above paragraphs (before sharing its following paragraph) but I haven't been keeping up with my KLONDIKE journal(-s ... I think there's a whole `nother set of journals 'back at the Home Station). I'll go back 

Comments