I Say I'm in the #WritersCommunity, but I Feel I'm 'Faking it'; my "Publication" isn't via #PrintingPress :-( unless you count my 'notes' in the #OklahomaGazette @okgazette | @ocreations

When I was starting University and learned 'what publishing was,' I got it stuck in my head that 'publishing' is simply "making writing public"; posting links to this blog on the social-network--then--I am "publishing" these articles ... and I was satisfied with that (and could get into the studies I was working on).

But writers on Twitter--when they announce they've been "published"--are telling fellow writers they have a book or newspaper- or magazine-article etc. bound or printed-up in their hot little hands, not just 'that they've typed writing that other Tweeps can read if they'd like.' 

Well, I have actually been published ... in a way. I discuss 'my past publications' 😏 in the paying forum you can join through 'the bold hyperlink(s)' below; but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Press 
(to Exert Pressure or Force, to be Oppressive or Burdensome, to Crowd, to be Urgent, to be an Advocate for, to Urgently Request (Draft for Military- or Civil-Service), the Demand for Notice or -Attention, Machine used for Printing (esp. Newspapers & Magazines, leading to the name for Recently Published Media (on Current-Events & Celebrity-News)), a Wardrobe or Closet, the Weightlift where you lift the barbell to shoulder-height & then smoothly lift it overhead #Pressed #Pressing #Presses #Impress #PressGang #LetterPress #Pressman #Pressroom #ThePress #FreedomOfThePress #PressAgent #PressConference #PressSecretary #InThePress #PressRelease #PressTheFlesh (Shake Hands)” 
is built on ancient words that mean "to |Strike" or "to stand-, make- or be Firm."

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


I don't know how long 'my publications' will be on OKG's database, so ...

Does Rep. Todd Russ know what Buddhism is? 

Oklahoma Rep. Todd Russ backs a bill that will require Christian Bible classes in public schools. He told Oklahoma Gazette (News, Greg Horton, "Bible school," March 24, 2010), "It wasn't Hinduism or Buddhism that motivated the move to these shores."
Oh. My. G-- ("Flying Spaghetti Monster").

Does the man even know what Buddhism is? I think not; because if he did, he would know that it was Buddhism that motivated the move!

If someone were to ask him what Buddhism was, I imagine he would reply that it's "worship of a fat guy." And he's right ... insofar as Christianity is "worship of a hippie," as history is "worship of the dead," as music is "'worship of things that vibrate."

Budd is a form of the Sanskrit for "awake," thus making a "Buddha" "one who is awake" and a "Buddhist" "one who follows the awakening."

If the Founding Fathers had been "Christian" about it, they would have kept their libertory ideas to themselves and "carried their crosses." It was Buddhism ("following the awakening") that allowed them to see that "following their king" was a loser's path. I agree that the Christian Bible has very many good, non-religious lessons, but the government should only legislate Christian Bible-lessons as long as "Christianity" is kept off the books ... maybe, call it the "Neo-Israel Bible."
"Jay Hubbard
Oklahoma City

Hmm ... a Bible without 'religion' ... interesting idea ...

Why wait for the government? 

Regarding Kurt Hochenauer's Commentary "Gimme storm shelter" in the May 19, 2010, Gazette:

You're right that the storm shelters should be built, but not that we should wait for the officials to decide to budget the money to cast down from the white towers upon the place owners to give to the shelter-builders.

I almost called "the officials" "government," but you remember that "government of the people" stuff they fed us in grade school? Turns out that " after you learn to ignore the smoky fireworks taste " there's an efficient system there; the officials don't have to worry about "reality" 'cause "we the people" do all the work.

The place owners should build the shelters or have the shelters built with their own money (or a personal, applied-for loan or an extra fee to their tenants or ... oh, however you grown-ups do with money stuff).

"Jay Hubbard
Oklahoma City

Democracy should be handled by the people, not the government.

And--skipping past a few letters that I don't remember the context they're taken out-of--

Free health care!

Health care is a sham.

Oh, parts of it are needed. But its backbone is a distraction to keep our eyes off the pickpocket.

For
example, one night I was “feeling ill” — almost as if I had died for a
minute there. So I called 911, thinking (in my mass-media-fed mind) that
was the thing to do. The ambulance came, loaded me in, put some water
in my bloodstream (I just hadn’t been drinking enough) and took me to
the hospital to lie down for a few hours.

A week or so later, I got the insurance bill in the mail, expecting that they had charged $10 to $50 to $100, right?

Wrong! The charge was something closer to the neighborhood of $2,000!

Health
care should be like most churches: free, with a persistent suggestion
to donate. Get health care to be like that, and the payment plans will
fall in line.

—J. Hubbard Oklahoma City

&

Fearless appreciation

I wanted to commend Rod Lott on what a good read the article on the “Norman noir” Stark Fear (Film, “Fear itself,” Nov. 28, Gazette) was.

Oh, I could go on to say how wonderful it is to be reassured that fellow Okies faithfully carry decent works to fuller fruition despite the disparagement of early indicators ... or something. But mostly it’s good that writers, editors, publishers and sponsors are available to observe that truth and distribute it to businesses who graciously pass it on to their customers.

— J. Hubbard Oklahoma City

&

`High-minded?'

I would not have known about the homelessness situation if I hadn’t read the cover story (News, “Giving change,” Laura Eastes, Jan. 13, Gazette). Maybe that’s another side effect of living in such a “privileged” community. I’m under the impression that children grow up in families that can provide for them abundantly as they learn to provide for themselves and to provide for the family in return (providing for new children who grow and learn to provide likewise, and so on and so on). Under that impression, panhandlers seem like “delinquents” — or whatever they’re calling young rebels these days — people who turned down the wrong path long ago and had no one to turn them right, but who we tell youngsters to stay away from because we don’t want our youngsters pulled off the right track along with them. And that’s why I would pass that advice down as the generations before have done. Haughty and snobbish and high-minded of me, maybe. Maybe this is a clue as to the reason why the homelessness problem isn’t eradicated. As the article says, some 90 percent of panhandlers are from out of state ... indicating that Oklahomans are “well-trained like me,” who would probably be homeless if I weren’t humble enough to move in with mom, using my traumatic brain-injury as sign-flying content. — Jay Hubbard Oklahoma City
&

Is it the law of the land?

Regarding same-sex marriage become law in Oklahoma (News, “Same-sex marriage becomes legal in Oklahoma,” Ben Felder, Oct. 6, okgazette.com): Setting gay marriage equal to straight is as logical as giving me a doctoral degree because I spent as much time failing university courses as a doctor would’ve spent passing them. On a related topic, the use of “law of the land” at the end of your Oct. 15 article (News, “Pushback,” Ben Felder, Oct. 15, Oklahoma Gazette) seems wrong. Same-sex marriage is the law of the land the same way that aerial flight is the law of gravity. — Jay Hubbard Oklahoma City 
& that's all I could find (unless I search for my pseudonym(s) ... Uncle Jay H., etc.)














Comments