#Moonstone: the Mineral that represents 85 Years (the #MoonstoneAnniversary or #MoonstoneJubilee)

I list all the 'Material Anniversaries' I can find in a post linked through 'the hyperlinks' below; but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The “Moonstone” is so-named because (I'm quoting a lot of these terms directly from Wikipedia ... I'll probably look them all up, but 'don't rush me') its |Sodium |Potassium |Aluminum |Silicate ((Na, K)AlSi3O8) displays a Pearly and |Opalescent Schiller/|Sheen (|Adularescence ... which spell-check wants to call 'Adolescence' 😋), causing its ancient discoverers to think it were made out of |Pure Moonlight.

It was named the State Gem of Florida (because of the launch-site of the moon-
rocket ... but no moonstone is actually found in Florida). 


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



Comments