#HowPrayerWorks: an Explanation inspired by the #Mandala used in an episode of #StarTrekVoyager @StarTrek @MemoryAlpha (a #MedicineWheel) | #Chakotey @TrekCore

There's a whole lot of 'believing in God' that people use to grant authority to their prayers (the same reason-why a lot of American's 'pledge' that the U.S. is "one nation under God" & -why their money has "in God we trust" on it), but--even though we Christians believe that our prayers "encourage God to provide for us (His children on Earth)"--it actually encourages 'the person we're praying-for' to accept "whatever advantage-or-obstacle confronts them" as 'an aide from God.'

(And yes, I know 'God' is actually the name of one of Our Father's "fallen
 angels"--a name we frequently use as the name of Our Father ... but that's
 a whole other matter I'll deal-with later; for now, I'll summarize it with
 "God is just a title ... a title we give to its eternal holder, whatever name
 your Elders give Him.)

The STAR TREK: VOYAGER-episode (summarized at Memory Alpha, linked through 'that word' below) features B`elanna's use of the medicine-wheel as a way to 'guide Chakotay's spirit back to the land of the living' when he's struck brain-dead by a deep-space anomaly of some kind

(I don't remember why I started calling that medicine-wheel a "mandala," as the word's
 not used anywhere in that episode!)

; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Mandala” is built on ancient words that mean Disc, Circle

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Trying to find how I connected it (but not patient enough to read through the articles (¬_¬ ) ), I also found:
... and whenever I type "Mandala" into the GIF-search on Twitter, the GIFs that come up include


... which reminds me of a tunnel---a STARGATE- or DOCTOR WHO- or STAR TREK-wormhole (although now I know that a 'mandala' is a symbol that Buddhists use sort of the way Christians use The Cross (not the way the Romans used it (to execute anarchists & criminals), but more as 'an icon to focus on while you practice rituals')).

So I imagine it as 'a wormhole for prayers'---you pray into it, and (with the authority of Holy Love) it's instantly sent by hyperspace to all the agreeing pray-ers that need it, and the spiritual force you need emerges from the mandala to fuel you- and 'to guide you-forward on your journey through the land of the living.'

Now when I talk about 'prayers,' I'm not talking about the infamous "communication with Our Heavenly Father." I'm talking about the good vibrations or wishes for happy fortune or etc. that Christians think they can influence (like Jedi thought they could do with The Force).

That's something that frequently 'grinds my gears'---the way Christians flaunt their frequent prayers, in flagrant violation of the instructions of our 'Lord' Jesus Christ to pray "in your secret room behind closed doors" (in-effect demoting Him to 'Big Brother'). And fellow Christians--rather than objecting the way most of us ought-to--just pleasantly chirp "Amen, brother/sister Christian!"

Ministers encourage this misinterpretation, using Jesus' private instructions to His disciples ("where two or more of you come together in my name, there I am," "anything you agree to hold true on Earth, will be held true in Heaven") to invent such things as 'prayer-warriors' (I tried to find how 'The Bible never mentions prayer-warriors'; but Bible-thumpers have so FLOODED the Internet, they conflate 'praying for warriors to excel' with 'waging war WITH the warriors' ಥ_ಥ )

Comments