#KlondikeQuery: Why Display a #Nest Full of Eggs that AREN'T ACTUALLY THERE? | #Nests #Nested #Nesting #Nestle #Nestling #CrowsNest

Playing KLONDIKE: THE LOST EXPEDITION, I frequently visit other 'prospectors'' settlements---mostly just to dig up some gold they might've buried there, but also (if I hire (and house) them to work on my settlement) to "steal" some eggs their birds lay.

But often when I approach these nests, a large number of them--though I SEE the eggs in the nest--are actually EMPTY! Why do the programmers leave the 'full nest'-graphic there (not even doing the 'courtesy' of leaving an 'empty nest')?

I'll search (probably on a site linked on the post that's linked through 'that word' below) and find out; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “|Nest|” is probably built on ancient words that mean "to |Sit Down" (Resting Place).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Before I find out for sure, I'm going to guess that it has something to do with 'counting how many eggs a particular bird (probably one OWNED by the prospector whose settlement I'm visiting) has lain.'
(Sometimes I also "steal" treasure-troves they've uncovered (beneath rocks & trees & large bushes they've destroyed), but I've found so few of those as not to have noticed if a large number of them were also empty.)

Comments