Wonder Why they Don't Circulate These-6 #DrSeuss books anymore | @HotAirBLOG

A possible explanation is probably discussed on the forum linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Dr. Seuss” is the pen-name of children's book-writer |Theodore Seuss |Geisel. 
His middle-name "Seuss" is built on ancient words that mean Sweet, Pleasant, Agreeable.

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


The banned Dr. Seuss books (I might link to some ways you can still get them):
  • And to Think that I Saw It on Mulberry Street - a character is named 'a racist term' and is depicted with a Chinese caricature
  • If I Ran the Zoo - full of drawings & words that mimic African- & Asian-American stereotypes ... and which incidentally brought the word "Nerd" to America
  • McElligot's Pool because ... TL:DR
          • And the rest of them ... I'm not sure; I try to find specific reasons, but the reports just say 'they were all cancelled for vaguely racist speech & -drawings.'
  • Scrambled Eggs Super!
  • On Beyond Zebra!
  • The Cat's Quizzer (Are YOU Smarter than the Cat in the Hat?)
I don't think Seuss's people (or any shady publishers) are printing any new copies, but I expect you can find some old copies for sale in various places (but reportedly-NOT on Amazon!)

Comments