The #LocalChurches that @CopelandNetwork Missed | @Bing @OralRobertsU

Kenneth Copeland Ministries (Eagle Mountain International Church)  'heard God' declare that 2021 was 'the Year of the Local Church'; but there was not a single photograph of an Oklahoma Church!

I suppose that 'local' means "wherever you happen to be" and not "where you originally lived"---like Kenneth Copeland's a church in Brother Kenneth's hometown (Lubbock, Texas), or Oral Roberts University (Tulsa, Oklahoma, where the seed first took root).

My post about 'their "Year of the local church"' is linked through 'the main word' below. Here, I list a few 'root-words' that tie that word into our lexicon....

The word “Church” is built on ancient words that mean Strong, Powerful ( |Swollen-->(House of the) Lord, Ruler). #ChurchBell #Churching #Churched #ChurchGoer #ChurchKey #ChurchMouse #Churchman #Churchyard #Unchurched #Churches

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


The Search for My Local Church

I wanted to find 'churches across Oklahoma' (the search linked through the picture), but first searched for 'local Oklahoma churches' (which--since Bing thinks that means I'm searching for churches 'near me'--only brought up Oklahoma City churches).

I went ahead and 'explored' the various results it gave:

And then 'churches from Kenneth Copeland's hometown' (to make up for the brief time I spent claiming Copeland's hometown was in 'Oklahoma' rather than Lubbock, Texas)

And some of the churches that I've attended:
  • Churches in Durant, Oklahoma (not knowing how many of these were around back when I lived there)
  • - in Enid, Oklahoma (not knowing how many of these were around back when I lived there)
  • in Oklahoma City (the only churches I can specifically remember, tho I'm told I was baptized at St. Charles Borromeo, which is where we congregated when we moved back to OKC)

Comments