@Scientology (to many) is an Apocalyptic Tragedy; You Can Help Them Recover & Rebuild in the #Aftermath @AftermathFdn | @Dictionarycom @LeahRemini @LeahRAftercash @Ecosia @usaToday @NYPost

You can donate to their recovery at the form linked-to through "that word" below.

What I show here is 'the group of words' that give "that word" a place to connect to your vocabulary ... deeper sources that firm the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Aftermath” is built on ancient words that mean |After + |Mowing, Cutting of |Grass or -Grain (the word (also known as aftercrop (1560s), aftergrass (1680s), lattermath, |Fog) originally meant 'a Second |Crop that Grew (from the left-behind material) after the First had been Harvested' ... 
(... the Etymonline-page doesn't mention how the word came to mean 'something which Results from an |Event (usually a Disastrous one), a Consequence' ... I guess it's sort of a metaphor---the stuff that |Rises where everything's been |Obliterated).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


This comes up because--watching Leah Remini work against the corrupt church in the A&E docuseries--I explore her website to find the group linked-to through 'Aftermath' above.

And I'm surprised I don't see her listed among the board-members of TAF (tho she is mentioned in the text for board-member Mike Rinder---one of her co-stars in the docuseries).

And--looking for more about Leah Remini--I see why it might be better that she's not on the TAF-board. ... the main thing I notice at that link is 'people committing violence "in the name of Leah 'that girl from King of Queens' Remini".' I'm sure that she has publically announced that she neither approves-of nor condones the violence, but the page there doesn't want to give Leah any time to clear away that mud before they get busy slinging more at her.

I look for her response to such attribution; but I guess my search is too general, because it pulls up all these accusations that Leah is 'making' (or is 'very-supportive of these accusers')---Danny Masterson's alleged rape of years ago, Katie Holmes' lucky escape from ex-husband Tom Cruise's clutches (where daughter Suri is still imprisoned, soon to be subject to the harsh whims of Scientology's villains) ... I may be being over-creative there, so read more (or--like Leah says--'Google It & find out for yourself!').

I look a little more, but I can't-find/get-tired-of-looking-for the 'press-conference (or whatever)' where she announced that she "does not condone acts of violence against the church that L. built" ... but I have to remind myself that 'the series is over'---sure, they're 'just-now' playing it on NETFLIX, but its final season was LAST YEAR.

That means that--though the stuff she 'inspired others to do' was bad--any response to it would be "resurrecting old ghouls of the past" ... she's gotten up & gotten on with her life! (married Roman Catholic mother who's produced a new comedy-series-or-two since then).

Comments