#SprocketFlicks' #DriveinMovieAds #Remind us 'Why Old Folks Loved #TheGoodOldDays' | #Reminder #Reminded #Reminding #Reminds | @xinjeisan

Well, you can see when you add "Drive-In Movie Ads" to your Amazon Prime watchlist.

And I'll list 'a few of the reasons the good-old-days were so good' below; But first, what's important here is 'that word' (below-hyperlinked to the streaming-program's description)---a word which you only know-about because it's connected to other words you know better, built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...


The word “Remind” is built on ancient words that mean (to |Bring to) Mind Again (or Re-).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


The ads in the 1 hr. 15 min 'collection of vintage ads from drive-in movie intermission' are each 15-45 seconds long, and they speak of "a time gone by" ... I don't think I could stand to just 'sit and watch the ads' for the full duration, but--having Amazon Prime--I can let it play for the 10-15 minutes I'm making my bed & getting dressed in the morning.

(If you don't have Amazon Prime, you could still rent it &--within 48 hours--let it play while you ... I dunno, 'clean your room' or 'fold your clothes' or 'do your homework' or something.)

Anyway, a couple 'key remembrances' come up while I'm 'watching the ads in my periphery':
  • Dr. Pepper ... I know the old 'urban legend' about why they called it "Doctor"; but I didn't understand the 'Pepper' part (thinking it was referring to 'the spicy vegetable') until I saw the commercial that ... requested that a young lady go get the drink that |Peps you up! (and now that I look at it, I suspect that's where they got the name Pepsi as well 🤔)
  • the YMCA commercial (though that one was for 'some local YMCA activities') ... made me wonder, Why don't I see more YMCA- (or YWCA) commercials? (And I'm talking about before the pandemic ...

    (I know you might bring up 'something the world has against Christianity,' but I've seen plenty of Kenneth Copeland-, Joel Osteen-, Creflo Dollar-, Bishop T.D. Jakes-, and even Franklin Graham-ministries! Can't 'healthy youth associations' get in on some o` that?)
    • and--speaking of church--
  • I saw an ad encouraging people to go to Church, and why? to give glory to God? No! because they understood that you can 'give glory to God' ANYWHERE! The commercial said, "Take Your Problems to Church & LEAVE THEM THERE!" Church wasn't about 'God' so-much-as it was (and really still-is) about 'lightening your burdens by sharing the load with your neighbors!'

Comments