No @CBSSunday! You ARE NOT Living #TheNewNormal! You're Just 'in an Extended Period of #ABnormal,' & you'll soon #GetBackToNormal! @TheAtlantic @Wikipedia #Normal #Normality #Norm #Normally #Ab-

This week, I saw CBS Sunday Morning stealing from Trauma-Survivors again! Jane Pauley announcing that common society is living in "a new normal" now ... No! We (trauma-survivors) have to live "a new normal"; 'what you are living' is more like "extended sick-leave"!

(And no, not 'the relatives of trauma-victims'–whom
CBS Sunday Morning calls "trauma-survivors," but whom
 I might call 'drauma-survivors' or who are "the victims'
 uninjured care-givers.")

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to The Atlantic's speculations of the possible ways you'll return from abnormal) is built on ancient foundations that support our entire lexicon ...

The word “Normal” is built on ancient words that mean Conforming to the Rule or Pattern (Greek γνώμων (gnōmōn) "|Carpenter's |Square"). 
The first syllable of "Abnormal" is built on ancient words that mean "|Off, Away From" (Of, |Apo-; |Agency by, Source, Origin, Relation to, in Consequence of; reduced to a- before -m-s, -p-s or -v-s; changed to abs- before -c-s, -q-s or -t-s).

... maybe I'm "in denial" ... but I'm faithfully 'in denial,' because The Truth won't let your current 'sabbatical' become your permanent isolation!

I know this because ... well, I'm sure I can find better reasons; but my first resource on this is 'my unstoppable brain'—it sees SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE do its "LIVE FROM HOME" (the first one, the second), and asks 'Why wasn't entertainment always "like this" (performers-etc. doing their show from home, broadcasters/operators tying all the performances together)?'

The answer ... it probably comes from somewhere deep in entertainment-history–from as far back as 'royal jesters collaborating to help bring about unification of kingdoms,' giving birth to comedy- and drama-troupes, which adopted broadcasting-technology ... or whatever history we imagine in our cells in The Matrix 😎 ...
(why I use 'this picture' rather than a picture of "a group
 of performers"? Probably because I'm a different kind
 of Social—one which requires 'large groups of
 audiences,' but needs to be 'in control of "the path" (steer-
ing the ship, holding the remote-control, setting the
 tempo, calling the plays, singing the key-tone, etc.....
 I Am The Path (The Way, The Truth and The Light
 ... as Commissioned by Our Brother Lord Jesus Christ)')

My problem here: All through 'my school-years' (elementary preschool-through-twelfth, five-or-six years of university), I wanted to perform. Since 'the best' got to perform "solo" (not 'without the rest of the chorus/orchestra/cast,' but 'leading them'), I did my best.

After my Traumatic Brain-Injury, I guess you-all expected me to quietly vegetate as I silently waited to die. Try-&-try-&-try-&-try as I might, I was not allowed back into the performers' community ...

Oh, I got several 'starts' into several performers' communities–I have friends in the live music scene around The Paseo- & Asian- & University-districts in Oklahoma City, I had a small part in a community theater production near there years-ago ...

... but something in the back of my head yells, "If you were really 'accepted into their community,' they'd've given you the technology required to stay in contact with them during "quarantine!"'




And I could (and soon will) go into a whole discussion on 'how you dropped the ball on my recovery' (or 'how I failed to catch the ball when you tossed it to me and how–tho I "recovered" the ball–it "fell out of play" and no one knows what to do with it now'), but my point here is ...

Comments